1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help needed in uploading a site

Hi, I am a novice in web development. I am currently working on freelance project. I undertook a project, which was hosted on godaddy. It was earlier developed in asp.net. However, I re-did the whole stuff in html. Here is the trouble which I am facing. How Do I set the default page? (Because as far as I remember, there is an option to set page as default page for asp.net projects. It is not the same for HTML stuff) I am currently using dreamweaver for development. How do I go ahead?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The default page is set by the web server configuration, and is probably going to be something like index.html. Whether or not you can change it depends on your web host.

I'm not sure how you managed to translate asp.net into HTML since they're not really equivalent languages?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile

Almost on all web servers, the default web page in a directory is named as "index.html" or "index.htm" or "default.htm" (on some Windows servers).

You must have an "index.html" web page in all your directories to avoid display your file listing of all the files in that particular directory which looks non professional and if not prevented it may create an issue of security attack.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo