• Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to increase visitors for my site?

how to increase visitors for my site ? please tell this information only
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Content, more content, more content, unique content, awesome content, more content, and more content.
  5. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

How about walking down the street, and give every person you see $20 to visit the site?

Yeah, it's pretty damned impractical, and expensive, but hey, you'll get more visitors, and that's what you want... isn't it?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Lol good one Catacaustic..
    Last edited by stud3nt3; December 12th, 2010 at 11:09 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm of a mind to think that website designers/developers won't get a break on search engines, and no one goes looking for them. Swing a dead cat, you'll find a web designer. Swing a dead dog and you'll hit a hack web developer. Everybody knows someone who does 'web stuff.'

I started by getting 250 'free' cards from VistaPrints and walking local business areas. I also Googled 'ugly web sites' and tried to make contact with those poor business owners. Finally, I've found that going to bars that cater to a 'hip' crowd has actually led to more projects than any of the other methods I've used. Most of the time you get a lot of hot air from half drunk business wannabes (yeah, dude, we need a website...), but one in twenty works out to something.
  11. No Profile Picture

give them a reason to visit... content or a service relevant to their interests is probably your best bet.
  13. No Profile Picture

Yup, good content aimed at your target audience, coupled with good backlinks from relevant, non-spammy sites...that should serve you well.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

There are many ways to have more visitors, one of the way is promotion on social media, another is content and to have good keyword rankings as well will increase your visitors.
  17. No Profile Picture

Make sure the content of your site is interesting. Talking from experience, i would not even dare click on a site which i think would be boring. Even though itís not really credible, you can post something fun and get a lot of hits out of it. And make sure your visitors will come back. Itís like a movie, make them want more. Donít give it all on your first post.
  19. No Profile Picture

Some more tips for you. Keep it fresh, have a target market and know what they are interested in. Take advantage of the information at your disposal. Itís easy to pass on a link nowadays, considering a lot of people are bound by social networking sites. Also, try getting those trackers for urls so you will know where you sell and again, use that to your advantage.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Find out the web pages and forums where your targeted traffic is coming and place your banner ads there. Make sure to design the banner with attractive design and content.
    Visit ESDS website for Rich Data Center Web Hosting and Software Services at Affordable Costs.
  23. No Profile Picture

How to get more visitors on your site

Most the people on here (except the guy who wants you to spam call everyone in town and get them to hate you randomly) is correct if not incredibly vague and unhelpful.

There are tons of ways to pay to get more visitors to your site, a quick few that come to mind:

• banner ads on sites similar to your site if they sell them
    • if you cant find a similar site check buysellads.com
    • google ads
    • cj.com
    • networking events (yes I put this in the paid section of my thoughts but there are TONS of free ones you could visit as well)
    • newspaper ad (this assumes you have something worthy of wasting money on)

Other then those you could always use a few of my free ideas... that are NOT spammy:

• Find forums related to your site, and help other people. Wow them so that maybe just maybe they want to know more about you.. this isn't the most effective way but its a way.
    • Craigslist.. this can be spammy if you are irrelivent.. tread lightly
    • Comment on your favorite blogs (not in a spammy way but in a.. I like you blog and this is why or this is how you should change it kind of way).. be specific and helpful with your thoughts so you might help someone else. You'd be surprised who'll follow up.
    • Respond to another persons blog with your own blog post response to their blog on your blog... the blogger may read it.. or if they have trackbacks and you added the appropriate response links someone else may find it.
    • Look up SEOmoz and read up on white hat seo techniques
    • Hire a good white hat seo to perform some of the things I'm recommending to you.
    • Social Media.. you'd be surprised how much work I've got from my little birdie friend named Twitter. I've made real friends, got advice about hot spots when I'm in a new city, and found people ASKING for web design help on a whim that they might get a referral and walla they get me. Sometimes I have to do a freebie for a non-profit first but every good freebie dead has lead to big buck paid work after.
    • Networking events. Go there. Be seen. Have a few delicious glasses of wine and meet fellow industry leaders. Get work and get random hits on your site. Chamber of commerce is another hot place to meet business owners.
    • Blog or hire a blogger.. I'm open for work if your looking *yes that is shameless self promotion but its not like that's all I put in this response.
    • YouTube is the second biggest search engine with over a billion views a day. With that kind of view power, you might want to consider making a few videos. At the end mention your site. In the description link to your site and every comment you get respond and be helpful. I have 100,000 views off my channels. No clue how many of those go back to my sites but I know I've helped a t least one or two people with my tutorials. Add a videos page to your site that is easier then youtube to filter through and next thing you know, another reason for people to visit your site.
    • Add links to your site in your email signature
    • have an rss feed? Get one
    • facebook business page
    • merchant circle
    • niche classified sites related to your industry
    • dmoz

Originally Posted by website007
    how to increase visitors for my site ? please tell this information only
  25. No Profile Picture

SEO it man! the easiest and the best way
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Chroni
    SEO it man! the easiest and the best way
    SEO is may be the best way, buy this is very long process especially if there are competition in your niche. May be the fastest way to get targeted traffic for website is Adwords. Of cource it is not the cheapest ones buy you will get visitor at the moment when you ads are online.
  29. No Profile Picture

Content got more priority for Google.If your site will have a good content using the Title, Meta tag, Key words then it will help you to get more visitors, key word improvement, better indexing and the PR of the site.This is all about On page SEO.Other than this techniques, you can use the Off page for link building methods.They can be blog posting, forum posting, article posting, social book marking, classified submission, directory submission and press release submission.In these methods also content is important.Your content should be unique for getting more back link.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo