1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Learning to code...

Hey guys

I've been designing web graphics and full layouts for nigh over 10 years now and I've never ventured into the world of coding before.

Mainly I'd like to learn how to code my Photoshop layouts (mainly complex gaming team layouts) and incorporate them with a CMS. I have a few questions and I hope you can help me.

Where shall I start with this endeavour? Is the learning curve steep?

Can you recommend any online resources that will assist me?

Thanks in advance guys.

K
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

The first thing do to is decide on what CMS platform that you are going to use for your projects. Once you get that worked out, you can look at the resources that are available for that platform and work it out from there. It's hard to say what you need to know or do without knowing what you will be using in the first place.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by kdaze
    Hey guys

I've been designing web graphics and full layouts for nigh over 10 years now and I've never ventured into the world of coding before.

Mainly I'd like to learn how to code my Photoshop layouts (mainly complex gaming team layouts) and incorporate them with a CMS. I have a few questions and I hope you can help me.

Where shall I start with this endeavour? Is the learning curve steep?

Can you recommend any online resources that will assist me?

Thanks in advance guys.

K

Hello kdaze,

From reading your post, I think your are not directly after "coding" or web software development.

If you want to create complex layouts and edit CMS themes/tempaltes, then I think this is more about learning HTML/CSS and possibly some Javascript.

Is this a fair assessment?

I'm trying to better understand your exact requirements so that I can give you the most accurate advice possible.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo