1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for a colour code generator that can be embedded into a web application?

I'm building a cms system, and want to implement a template designer. I'm after a wysiwyg app that can be embedded into a php application that can present a colour chart to the user, and when they click on a colour it generates a hex code. If possible i'd like it to be able to be implemented into a form.
    anyone ever heard of such a program? anyone even know what this type of program would be called?
    Thanks!
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you're building this system then wouldn't it be best to build this part of it too? It's not that hard, but how you do it depends on exactly what you want.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by requinix
    If you're building this system then wouldn't it be best to build this part of it too? It's not that hard, but how you do it depends on exactly what you want.
    I was considering it, but wasn't really sure how to go about it. Basically i'm after something like tiny MCE but for colour codes... if you could point me to some resources that would explain how to build one, that would be awesome!
    My skills are mainly in php, so anything that uses javascript (i'm sure this will require it) needs to be almost beginner level. :-)
    Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo