1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is there a good online article explaining how to make various marble texture in Photoshop (without expensive third-party add-ons)?

I know there are many articles when I do a search, but I'm looking for one that is pretty realistic looking -

Ideally, the marble texture to be created should have those characteristics:

Glossed/shiny look
    Long running, thin/thick veins
    Behind the top-mostmarble pattern, if you look deep enough, you could see another seperate, distinct marble pattern

Thanks,
    C
  3. No Profile Picture

I've done lots of textures in Photoshop but never generated a marble one from scratch. It's better to use a scan of marble. I do have a pile of marble textures already saved. I have an old web site I haven't worked on in a long time but there are several marble textures there for the taking. I used Photoshop give these "tiles" no edge when you use them as a web page background. I do have higher quality scans. If you really some one I'd be happy to e-mail them to you at a higher res than what's on that site.

To get those marble graphics, go to
    http://www.geocities.com/artmaker.geo.
    sorry but it's a slooooow loading page. Wait for it, then click on the link to Free graphics. Go to the "next" page after that one. Nothing there but background textures and about six or so marble ones.

Have fun.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Thumbs down Um, what's that URL again?

That URL is invalid.
    Michael
  7. No Profile Picture

Oh I hate when I do stupid things like that. There is an extra dot after the geo. Just take it out. Lets try this again.
    http://www.geocities.com/artmaker.geo

In fact, I checked to be sure this worked and went ahead and got that page up. Here is a direct link to the page with the marble.
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cave...Graphics2.html

Again, these were saved at low res for use as backgrounds. I would be happy to e-mail you better quality jpeg versions. Just let me know.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Smile Boy, do I feel stupid.

I didn't even think to look for that dot. If you end your URLs in '/' (when not referencing a specific file), that should eliminate that dot problem, BTW.
    Michael

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo