1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Best OpenSource Sitemap Generator for 2017

Okay, searched DevShed, looked at the free web developer tools (nothing that I found), and even tried C/Net's Download.com. I have not come up with anything I felt comfortable with.

Anyone here know of a free (NOT "Free to try", actually FREE), easy-to-use sitemap generating tool that'll install on a Windows 7 machine? Keep seeing a lot of people posting other free stuff with user complaints of spyware/malware/adware, etc. loading with the application, so VERY leary of trying any of them.

I used to have a GREAT, simple, virus/malware-free app I got years ago on my Windows XP machine, but I lost the installation file and couldn't find it online anymore (been so long, I forgot the name). Could really use one of those right now.

Any recommendations?
  3. No Profile Picture

Well I do not download software for generating sitemap rather I use online tool xml-sitemaps.com, its free and good.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by robert4u
    Well I do not download software for generating sitemap rather I use online tool xml-sitemaps.com, its free and good.
    Thanks, I have used it before.

Any way of "tweaking" it? I use an eCommerce package "ProductCart". When I tried using xml-sitemap.com, it came back with over 2,000 pages (thus only indexed 500) - probably because it's trying to index all the other .asp pages of the site that have nothing to do with the pages themselves.

Any suggestions on setting it up so it ONLY indexes the complete "assembled" page instead of every other .asp/html "background" file?
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi, There more number sitemap generator's available today. Mindmup is a free open source mind mapping tool that is available free and in the cloud,
    as well as DYNO Mapper is a visual sitemap generator that makes planning your website's information architecture easy. If you are looking for osCommerce,
    Google sitemap generator allows XML sitemaps for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2. phpSitemapNG is a free server side sitemap generator that can create google sitemaps,
    RSS-based sitemaps, txt-based sitemap, and HTML-based sitemaps of your website.
    If you need support regarding Web Design and Development, we are here to support you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo