August 15th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Photoshop Gradient Blur
In PS7, how can I apply a blur that is contolled by a gradient in such a way that the bottom of the picture is in focus and the t
op edge is completely blurred?
August 16th, 2003, 06:00 PM
1. Duplicate the layer you want to fade to blur.
2. Blur the top layer as much as you want.
3. Add Layer Mask to the blurred layer (you can get it through the layer menu or the second button from the left on the bottom of the layers palette).
4. Select your gradient tool, and set a simple two-color gradient (foreground to background, black to white, foreground to transparency will all work).
5. Draw your gradient in the layer mask and voila.
August 18th, 2003, 09:36 AM
alternatively use the quickmask function