1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Photoshop: removing facial hair

Hey all, (nice forums btw, can't believe it took me so long to find them)

I've been using Photoshop for a little while and I've heard of people taking pictures and removing facial hair off of faces somehow... mustaches, beards, etc.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

All you need to have is the basic tools of Photoshop, the healing brush tool, and probably the dodge tool.

First, you will need to find a good place on the subject's face to get some good skin from for the healing brush tool.

Alt (Option on the Mac) click on the place of the face you want to use to fix the hairy areas, and then go through the areas of the face and click on them, they will smooth out and look like the texture on the spot of the face you selected.

Be careful not to click and drag very far, or you will go all over the face and get duplication of the nose, eyes, etc.

Now that most of the hair is gone, you will probably have a darker patch of skin where the hair was. Use the dodge tool and lighten up those areas so that they are about the same as the rest of the face.

Now one more swipe with the healing brush and it should look quite even.

This method works also in the opposite way, you can add hair to a balding person by doing the opposite, alt + click in the hair and drag onto the bald spot.

The only setback to this that I can think of is if the person you are trying to remove the facial hair, does not have a spot on the face to heal from, and you will have to experiment with blending if the hair goes onto clothing or other items.

The following is a picture I tried this on, not hard to remove the hair, and it would look better adding it to the head if I had spent more than 5 minutes on it.

Just some man I found on the internet, I used a spot on his right cheek to get rid of the mustache.
    Attached Images

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo