1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Please help me choose between PHP/RUBY/etc

I really need help deciding which of these will fit my project the best. I know some programming, a bit of pascal/c, and I know some SQL, and some HTML.

What I need done:

A web store, products added in categories, with a picture. Clients can add products, but there is no need for traditional checkout. They need to have only one option at "checkout", a button that sends to an email they fill in their order. The sent order is without pictures of products.

That's about all that needs to be done really. This has to happen this way because these "clients" are people in another country, they make their orders, give to one person, who emails them to us, we make the orders, and then on a given date that person comes and picks all the orders up.

I can more or less guess how to make the database, had a course on SQL some years back, but how about the front end? like, the actual mmm "face" of it all? So, I can't decide what I should study to allow me to do it.

Please advise.

Alon.
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

They can both do it just fine.

Spend a day or so with each and decide which one you like most. Then spend the next month learning it, and then start working on your project.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo