1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Site Download from Wordpress

Hi,

I require small help from you all.

I have a site built in wordpress having some link errors (pages not found or broken links). Which I am unable to change of edit through wordpress control panel.

I am able to trace it when I see the web page source in a browser but same coding and all the html cannot be displayed as in Wordpress.

So my question is likewise other normal HTML website can easily be downloaded and necessary changes can be done through dreamweaver and can be uploaded with the changes required and that too with no error.

And is case of wordpress is it possible to do the same thing as described above.

Please give your valuable guidelines.
    Thanks in Advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Short answer.. no

Hello,

When you view the code in the browser, what you see is the final result of a variety of actions executed by Wordpress via its theme templates, internal functions, custom plugins etc. The data for posts, pages, menu items etc is pulled directly from the database. So given all these different elements coming together to dynamically produce a single webpage on the fly, it is not possible to download that page, make edits, and re-upload it since in essence, that page as you see it doesn't exist on the server.

Where are the broken links and why are they broken? The answer to this question will affect the solution. If it is within a page or post, you can edit said Page or Post and modify the link from within Wordpress. If it's part of the menu structure, you should be able to visit Appearance > Menus (if your theme supports it) and make changes there. If it is because you moved from one server to another or changed the URL of the site, you may have to do a SQL query on the database to replace my-old-domain.com with my-new-domain.com.

Cheers,

-Omar Fitzpatrick-

Comments on this post

• Kravvitz agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo