1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question submitting a graphic thru a form

Hi. I run a home based business where I make a computerized embroidery machine file from a graphic. My clients are cresting and embroidery businesses. I'm trying to build a webpage where the customer can request a quote. It contains some text (questions about size, color, fabric etc) and an image field with a browse button. I've tried everything, and can't figure out how to submit the contents of my form to my email properly. If it was just text, I'd have had it done ages ago. At the moment, I'm fooling around with Alienform by Jon Hedley (free on the web). It uses a perl script for submission, and templates for the email and web page to display. I've messed around with the email template adding boundaries to try to get it to handle the image. I've changed the content type to multipart/form-data and so far it will send the email with the text info, and says it has an attachment, but the attachment is an empty file. How do I transmit the content of the file? The name shows up, but thats it.
    If I add enctype="multipart/form-data" to the form declaration, I get the dreaded internal server error message, but I'm sure this needs to be in there to solve my problem.

Any ideas? I'm ready to start banging my head on my keyboard...
    TIA,
    Jean
  3. No Profile Picture

Jean
    You may also want to post this question on the HTML&javascript forum as well.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks, I just did that. I also posted it to the perl group since that's the language used for the Alienform script. Hope I don't get flamed - some perl groups are pretty elite...

CIAO,
    Jean

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo