Thread: Suggestions

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Suggestions

I would like to create an interactive form that customers may choose their orders via drop down list/image rollover then are able to view the selected product/image in the adjacent div. After the customer selects which items they would like, they hit the email/submit button to send the product details to the company for the order, and also to have the e-mail formatted in plain text.

Help would be appreciated by your suggestions on the best way to go about this from the "back-end" perspective. Would it be better to use javascript and php or do you think a flash form with javascript. Time is not a concern on this project.

Thank you all.
  3. No Profile Picture

I would recommend using PHP but that is more from a security perspective. Some people might have flash disabled, especially after the recent 0-day leak that was discovered and hit the media. Using PHP you will not have the issue of, does the client allow 'X' yes or no?

BRY-4E.
  5. No Profile Picture

So you think it would be better to go ahead with php and javascript? Have you seen anything similar to what Im talking about on another website you could point out for me?

Thx
  7. No Profile Picture

My apologies as I am not able to insert web-links into my posts. I do not really have a clear view of what it is you are looking for exactly but you might want to take a look at the PHP Scripts section at CodeCanyon.

Especially the forms section has a lot of examples of what is possible using a combination of PHP and JavaScript.

BRY-4E.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo