1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

how to upload multiple sites with one click

I am trying to come up with a solution to a problem for a friend, and cannot work out the best way to do it so any help would be extremely gratefully received.
    He has a large number of domain names, but which only cover around 20 niche subject areas. He needs a solution where if possible ALL domains can have a basic site uploaded in a short space of time with a CMS for adding content occasionally. Ideally he could then add content to multiple if needed sites or just to add to 1 or 2 at a time. To load these up on a shared server, could we create a list of all the domain names and load them up with one click?
    We also have to be able to place Google ads easily onto the sites so that they can bring my friend a small amount of Money. He is only looking for small amounts to contribute to the renewals of the domains until he can work out what to do with the sites and start building them as full websites one by one.
    I am sure there will be an existing solution on an existing CMS, but I do not know how to do this, or even to know which platform might be best.
    I would love any suggestions as to what I could do to help my friend
    Thanks in advance for anything you can help with
    (edit below with more information)
    I appreciate that my original question was a little vague, so I will try to be more specific.
    I normally use the Symfony platform to build sites although I have also used Joomla, however I would certainly not class myself as an expert coder in the slightest.
    For this particular project, however, I am open to using any CMS that can meet all (or if not most) of my requirements.
    It has to be able to load up multiple basic websites with the click of a button. There many domains registered (into the 100s) but only a few categories for content. This is to save time.
    It has to allow content management, whereby I can add an article / piece of text / image / video and choose which sites to add the article to. This may be 1 site, 5 sites, or 20 sites. This is to cut down on the time expenditure of uploading individually.
    It has to be able to add google ads so that click through revenue can be earned in order to help pay for the large number of domain renewals. This way there is less of a rush to develop full sites individually as the domains will hopefully cost less to renew during this period. I am not expecting a fortune here, just small amounts of money to help pay for the renewals each year
    as full sites are developed, they can be taken out of this CMS without affecting the remaining CMS basic sites
    I hope this gives more of an insight into what I am trying to achieve
  3. No Profile Picture

Wordpress has a multiple sites tool. Have you heard of or tried that?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by zomgmike
    Wordpress has a multiple sites tool. Have you heard of or tried that?
    Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for responding. Yes somebody else has mentioned wordpress multi. I am a little further along in my research and wordpress is one that I am now looking at, but if anyone else needs to do something similar, then searches around these words (and similar brought up a lot of possibilities:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl...or+multi+site+

Thanks again Mike for taking the trouble to answer

Barry J

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo