1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need web design advise

So I am trying to develop my first website. I have done many small ones that were junk and never bothered buying a domain. I would like to make a portfolio website for all my accomplished projects that I did. I have started to design the website in photoshop and here it is:

i159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/kinwizzard1/WebsiteDesign.jpg

I want your guy's opinions on this and what changes I should make to make it look better.

For the navigation, I don't know if you guys can tell but when a you are on a page the text is white. In this case, my picture is on the home page so my home navigation link is white.

I personally think there is too much going on at once. I might add more features to this website for tutorials and such but for now use it just as a portfolio.

I am no designer. I just do the coding. So all comments are appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture

The pages will definitely have more content. I just want to know what you guys think for the overall theme of the site.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey, You are not a designer but you have developed good website. You need to add more efforts and add some attractive graphics and more content.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by qmar
    So I am trying to develop my first website. I have done many small ones that were junk and never bothered buying a domain. I would like to make a portfolio website for all my accomplished projects that I did. I have started to design the website in photoshop and here it is:

i159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/kinwizzard1/WebsiteDesign.jpg

I want your guy's opinions on this and what changes I should make to make it look better.

For the navigation, I don't know if you guys can tell but when a you are on a page the text is white. In this case, my picture is on the home page so my home navigation link is white.

I personally think there is too much going on at once. I might add more features to this website for tutorials and such but for now use it just as a portfolio.

I am no designer. I just do the coding. So all comments are appreciated.
    1. At very first if possible then change the color or theme of your website and select some brighter color for the website within good combination.
    2. Another thing on which you have to do work is font of the navigation bar because it looks quite unprofessional and big.
    3. Also add some graphics on the sites as well as quality content too.

I hope these suggestion will help to improve your website design.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo