1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is web design a renewable business?

I'm wondering what parts specifically of web design are renewable. A business model that doesen't have renewable potential is a bad business choice.

Anyone have any ideas how to make web design renewable or is the only option to do maintenance on the web site?

Nathan
  3. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hosting that site is renewable.

Also, web design can be renewable if you're a good salesman. I'm assuming you have a consultation before designing a clients site? Make suggestions ... big suggestions. A client will usually have an idea of what they want, but not know the extent of what their site could do for them. So tell them. And let them know that these features can be added later. This will get the ideas flowing. You never know, you might just end up with a bigger project right then. Then, during your follow up a month, three month, and six months later (you do this right?), do the follow up, ask if there's anything they need in addition, and make the suggestions from back during the initial consultation (by using the notes you take).

Comments on this post

• nsillk agrees : Excellent answer to a tricky question. Learned a few things as well. Thank man
  5. I have a red lunch bag
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by jharnois
    Hosting that site is renewable.

Also, web design can be renewable if you're a good salesman. I'm assuming you have a consultation before designing a clients site? Make suggestions ... big suggestions. A client will usually have an idea of what they want, but not know the extent of what their site could do for them. So tell them. And let them know that these features can be added later. This will get the ideas flowing. You never know, you might just end up with a bigger project right then. Then, during your follow up a month, three month, and six months later (you do this right?), do the follow up, ask if there's anything they need in addition, and make the suggestions from back during the initial consultation (by using the notes you take).
    This is your best bet. Companies are good, not because they did what they were paid to do, but because they go beyond that. Companies need to make constant changes to their websites to keep people coming back. Make sure your clients know that, and give them ideas. If they see you want to help them make money, they will help you make money.
    Web Design Tips - Posting and You

If I've been helpful, and/or you're really nice, consider buying something from my Amazon.com wishlist.
    • There is no room for pride when trying to be the best at what you do.
    • Friends don't let friends use bad code.
    The club is dead.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

yes constant changes are require for people to come to your website..
  9. No Profile Picture

Arrow

Originally Posted by NightVa
    I'm wondering what parts specifically of web design are renewable. A business model that doesen't have renewable potential is a bad business choice.

Anyone have any ideas how to make web design renewable or is the only option to do maintenance on the web site?

Nathan
    Yes, web design is a renewable business, there is no doubt about it. Because once we design a particular design for a particular site then after time goes we require to upload new design in order to attract customers, or traffic and for up to date with new technology.
  11. No Profile Picture

Change the content, change the CSS.. It will help in getting new customers....
  13. No Profile Picture

Web Development Company

Web Design is good business but you have to good knowledge about web designing

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo