Thread: Web designing

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web designing

Hello, I am a newer on that forum. I come here to learn about Web developing, etc. Because I want to design my website..... Here is my wen... Please visit my site and please reply me here... I am so much interested to join here for learn.... My aim is only learn about web designing.... rn.... My aim is only learn about web designing....
  3. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up Web development chattanooga

If you want to design your website firstly you know about the designing tools like photoshop, dreamweaver,html/css etc and after that you develop your website by php,javascript etc.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

welcome. You will find many great resources here regarding web development and programming. I personally highly recommend beginners NOT use dreamweaver as most who do never truely learn html or css as they rely on the GUI IDE to do it for them. and Dreamweaver is known for causing compatibility issues across some browsers.

I do everything in linux so i use the GNU Image Manipulation Tool or GIMP which is free and very comparable to photoshop. I would suggest getting a good syntax highlighting ascii editor and start with learnin HTML/CSS maybe some JavaScript then when you want to do dynamic sites learn either PHP/MySql or ASP/MsSql

Comments on this post

• sir_drinxalot agrees : mostly because you are the only non-bot in this thread. You also are on the money with what you said.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This thread is obviously becomming over run by SEO bots.
  9. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by portcitysoftwar
    This thread is obviously becomming over run by SEO bots.
    Not anymore. Next time please click the little warning icon in the top right corner of one of the posts to alert the moderators about the spam.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

there is no warning icon on my screen just have post# and reputation
  13. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by portcitysoftwar
    there is no warning icon on my screen just have post# and reputation
    Oh, right. You haven't been a member for 30 days yet. Certain features are unavailable until that time.

112 posts in less than 2 weeks is quite impressive.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks,

Iv become quite a devshed-a-holic lately. Think i might need rehab for forumers. Logged in for 1 day and 6 hours and been a member for 12 days. So approximately 10% of my past 2 weeks has been here on devshed

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    Oh, right. You haven't been a member for 30 days yet. Certain features are unavailable until that time.

112 posts in less than 2 weeks is quite impressive.
  17. No Profile Picture

You are Welcome,I am also new on this forum but i have some experience in web designing & developing. And we all try to help you more and more. You not describe here about you current knowledge?
    What things you know (not matter how much).

paisleystudios.com.au
    Last edited by Kravvitz; January 10th, 2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: removed fake signature
  19. No Profile Picture

if you want to learn about web designing than i suggest you to first you have to get knowledge about photoshop, dreamweaver and some basic languages..
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you want to design your website firstly you know about the designing tools like photoshop, dreamweaver,html/css etc.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo