Thread: Website buttons

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website buttons

I am re-designing my website,and I was re-doing my banner. I ran across a site that has the exact banner I am trying to make. I want to know how I can make something like this

http://www.kkjz.org/

I already have plans for what I want to use on my site instead of the image with thier radio station logo and the image with all the jazz artist.What I am most interested in is the grey part of the banner. I like the look of the grey bar and buttons. How many I make that? Is there somewhere I can download a png file exactly like those. I like the illusion of thickness they offer.
  3. No Profile Picture

you could make a screenshot and cut the part of the bar right of the download button. then you just need to put an new text on it with photoshop (or others).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I want the part of the bar where the download and other links are. I just want to put something else in place of news,downland,etc or just have a blank bar that looks like that. I tried just downloading some of the buttons, because I think even news, download,etc are buttons. It's not actually a bar with buttons on top of it. I tried just downloading all the buttons, but I can't seem to get them to look right when I try to put new text on top.
    Last edited by Sonic98; July 24th, 2003 at 11:23 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture

just looked through the source code: here are the buttons & the bar:

news button
    community button
    Info Button
    inside button
    download button
    "divider"
    empty bar (you have to stretch it to the desired width)

the drop down menus are made with java, if you want these too you can search some java collections sites, there are a lot of free scripts available which can do such menus.
  9. No Profile Picture

if you want to create new buttons with new text you need to take the last gif and stretch it. then you can put a new text on it and save it as an new gif.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have looked at the source myself and noticed the same thing.
    I have downloaded the buttons as well as done a screen capture on just the banner. I would like to maintain the curved corners of the home and members only button. I'll try to see how I can do that.

I just did a screen capture on the blank part of the grey bar from the end of the download button to the home button. I have that now. Now i just need to see how I can make the 5 buttons on the right.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What I might do is just do a screen capture on the 5 buttons on the right side. Cut out the middle parts, then just fill it in with the blank part of the bar I captured.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, that works. Does anyone know where I can find some white buttons like that or if I want to replace the home symbol with one that looks like the one from IE6?
  17. No Profile Picture

i think the IE icons are in one of the windows dlls (not shure about the name though).

if you can live with b/w icons you can take a look at the webdings and windings types included in windows.
  19. Senior Polecat

or just do a screen dump of an IE window - voila - home icon
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

http://www.XSet.co.uk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo