1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website design and layout for services company

Hello all,

I'm starting online business within the service sector and would to like to please ask for your help.

I'd like to set up a website which has a similar format to Find local recommended tradesmen - ratedpeople.com, which has:

1) a customer side (Error Page (404))
    2) a supplier side (302 Found)

I would like to have an attempt at building the website myself and then if required, I would pay contractors to develop the bits which are too difficult to develop myself.

Please can you kindly point me in the right direction and provide some ideas of where to start?

Would using services like Squarespace help me develop a slick website?

What services does Find local recommended tradesmen - ratedpeople.com use to develop their website? I found the following Document Moved but I cannot see what platform they are using e.g. squarespace.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Kind regards,

Thomas
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

What development knowledge do you have now? HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, Perl, Python, Java, etc???

If the answer is "none really" then you have two choices:

1. Just pay someone to do it for you. Will cost you, but will get the job done.
    2. Use a site builder to do this for you (see below...).

To be honest, no page builder or pre-made system that I've seen would be capable of this. It's not just displaying, it's logins, account management, security, payments, etc that you need to worry about.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo