1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website Design Required

Hi friends i want to Design my personal website,plz anyone can help me or suggest some resources.
  3. No Profile Picture

You will need to learn HTML and CSS to start with, possibly progressing to PHP and MySQL depending on what you want your website to do. Work your way through W3Schools to get the basics.

If it's a blog you want, I'd suggest using WordPress or Blogger instead, as it will be much easier for you.

(I can't post links here, but Google W3Schools / WordPress / Blogger if you don't know what they are and you will find them)
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture

I learned HTML and CSS mainly by downloading compliant templates and pulling them apart to see how the authors did what they did. That worked wonders for me. I did use books and websites but the main thing was pulling templates apart.

The next step was using GIMP and Photoshop to design templates and cut them up. It took me under a year to get functionally proficient in HTML and CSS. Don't forget irc and so on (but I think that has gotten a bit useless as far as help goes) ask n00b questions and they flame you well-done (like none of them were ever n00bs and asked "dumb" questions at one point or the other. But these resources do help try them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo