1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My website is slow?

Hey Everyone,

This is Nivedita. I am here to ask i got some reviews for my working site (sparkinteract.com.au) i.e. is very slow to load. I want to ask really it is? If yes is the answer then how can i make it better?

Thanks in advance!
  3. Maddening Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Yeah, it is.

In my opinion the main problem is that you have tons of little CSS and Javascript files. Browsers will only load a handful of files at once, and everything listed in the <head> has to be loaded before the browser can start displaying the page. Consolidate those files into as few as you can. You should also minimize what you can, which will reduce the amount of data to transfer and thus make them load faster (plus save you bandwidth costs).

What makes the situation worse is that for me, in the US, each of those takes up to 1-2 seconds to load. A CDN would help with that, but first you should see what effect consolidating the files has.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    Yeah, it is.

In my opinion the main problem is that you have tons of little CSS and Javascript files. Browsers will only load a handful of files at once, and everything listed in the <head> has to be loaded before the browser can start displaying the page. Consolidate those files into as few as you can. You should also minimize what you can, which will reduce the amount of data to transfer and thus make them load faster (plus save you bandwidth costs).

What makes the situation worse is that for me, in the US, each of those takes up to 1-2 seconds to load. A CDN would help with that, but first you should see what effect consolidating the files has.
    Okay, I will work on this. Thanks so much for this useful info.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by nivedita11
    Hey Everyone,

This is Nivedita. I am here to ask i got some reviews for my working site (sparkinteract.com.au) i.e. is very slow to load. I want to ask really it is? If yes is the answer then how can i make it better?

Thanks in advance!
    And please review this one too - signking.com.au

Thanks
  9. Maddening Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Same thing, but not as bad as the other: many CSS files that each take up to a second to load. Using a CDN would be my next suggestion as well.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thank you!
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    Same thing, but not as bad as the other: many CSS files that each take up to a second to load. Using a CDN would be my next suggestion as well.
    Okay, Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for being late.
  13. No Profile Picture

Having a slow loading website can be frustrating, and can lead to less traffic visiting your site. If your site relies heavily on e-commerce or advertisements this could result in substantially less revenue being generated by your website.

There are many reasons a website may be slow.

A huge spike in Additional Traffic.
    A Dynamic Site without caching.
    Extremely Large or non-optimized graphics.
    Extremely Large or non-optimized database.
    Large amount of calls to external websites (twitter, facebook, youtube, etc...)
    Connectivity issues
    All of these issue fall into three categories: Traffic issues, Site optimization, and configuration issues.

Traffic Issues
  15. No Profile Picture

Hi Nivedita.Most of the time when there is unusual disk space on the page coding section, it happens and the only way to solve is rechecking spacing and coding. If your website is made on wordpress then you can delete extra themes and plugins which you really dont require. We have a website too please check the layout and give us feedback.
    Thanking you once again
    with regards
    Best website design and IT Company Manipur

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo