1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question WordPress or static HTML

I'm making a website for a friend. Initially, I thought a WP site would be good because she could update the text herself if she wanted. However, as I started working on it, I'm wondering if it would be better to have an HTML site.

For one, there are only 3 pages, plus a landing page. For another, the site is going to be fairly static -- maybe a change or two every couple of months. Third, I'd have to do all the editing and administering myself it looks like.

The design is a custom-made one, so the HTML is already ready. I'll now have to create a WP them for it. However, the landing page has a very different layout from the 3 inside pages, so it means creating a theme using templates. Now, I'm wondering if it's all too much work for a simple website that'll stay more or less static (and which I'll be administering in any case).

Any thoughts?
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

If you only need/have 3 static pages, then I think you could just keep it like that.

If you want to learn more or the site begin to grow, you can always consider switching over to something else.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks MrFujin for your reply.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo