1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Flash 5 Spooling time???

I've got a Flash SWF file that's only about 16k in filesize. Whenever I print using my Apple Laserwriter Pro 600, the spooled file size is increased to 532k. This takes ages to print out, and isn't acceptable for what I need.
    The spooling time isn't as bad from the Mac, but the PC takes ages (sony Viao 300Mhz, 64 Meg RAM).
    If anyone knows of a solution, or even just the reason for the problem, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Adam Mellor
    www.chamele.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

It's probably not the flash file that is the problem, but rather that you need to convert it to PostScript in order to print it). Of what is the file comprised? Is it all vector graphics or does it contain any bitmaps?
    Michael
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Let's See...

It's comprised of a table constructed in Illustrator 8, with 5 GIFs in a cell each. All the images are symbols.
    In the publish settings, there's an option to disable PostScript. I haven't checked it, so PostScript should be enabled.
    I've made a bit of progress on it. Before I was scaling the table before printing, making a 16k file 1.69Mb or something. Now, I've got Flash scaling the thing to fit the page, making a 12k file (I reduced it a bit) a 4.23Mb spool. Ok, not quite progress, but I've been trying to do it for a while now.

Personally I haven't got a clue, but thanks for the response.
    Adam Mellor
    www.chamele.com
  7. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Throw together a quick Flash movie with only vector art and then one with only GIFs. See what the difference is between the two corresponding spool files.
    Michael

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo