1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

3rd Party Chatroom/ Chat room software?

Can anyone recommend any chat room software to be integrated into an existing website. I am asking for people's experiences here or suggestions on good options to use. (i.e. not any posts saying try hotscripts.com or use google).

Has anyone experience with doing this before. Are there open source options or are the best ones commercial?

I look forward to hearing all recommendations and thoughts. Cheers, J
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by j_uprichard
    Can anyone recommend any chat room software to be integrated into an existing website. I am asking for people's experiences here or suggestions on good options to use. (i.e. not any posts saying try hotscripts.com or use google).

Has anyone experience with doing this before. Are there open source options or are the best ones commercial?

I look forward to hearing all recommendations and thoughts. Cheers, J
    There are many open source options available for chat rooms as well as many commercial. When I was researching them, I came across X7 Chat which seemed to have the most functionality out of the ones I was looking up. As with most open source ones, there only requirement is that you don't delete their name or logo from the script. If you have your own server with enough bandwidth, you could consider running IRC, but you would need to code the script yourself to get it embedded in a webpage.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Live Chat- Inside

I would suggest this one. I accidentally came across inside, and after looking through their site www[dot]inside[tm], it morphs a business website into a virtual storefront so business personnel can see and help their site visitors in real-time using chat.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo