1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Innovative ideas!

Hi,

I recently completed my bachelors degree in Computer Science from a prestigious university here in USA. I have come to realize that for me to land a job it is very important to have a web presence. I am kind of stuck what kind of web page should I make which is kind of professional and homepage, both at a same time. I know all the coding parts required to build a webpage but I am seriously lacking in the creativity part.

I want the page to be creative and professionally sound and that's why I am asking you guys if you can help me in designing this webpage of mine. Waiting for ideas. It will be great if someone will be able to help me personally and step-by-step in this regard. I shall be very grateful to him/her over this act of kindness.

Anykind of help in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to your replies...

Kind Regards!
  3. Doggie
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

The easiest way, especially since it's a generic professional page, would be to find a professional looking page from a business, and mimic their layout.

Don't use their graphics. That's just bad. But there's nothing wrong with using the same layout.

Keep solid colors, shades of gray and brown, light use of soft primaries. Thin border around objects, either an outline or shadow. No more then a few pixels deep. Black on white works well with text. Make sure it's easy to read and printable.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo