1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Rep Power

    Question render and rasterize

    I've been viewing some photoshop tutorials for some time, and applying some ps6 tutorials to ps7, but one thing I recognize is whenever the tutorial says render the text, I can't locate where is that render button? am i going to the filter and render or does the tutorial meant to rasterize the text layer? is render and rasterize the same?
  2. #2
  3. // no comment
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Rep Power
    i believe they are the same function. what effect are you trying to do?
  4. #3
  5. This is only a test
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Off the air
    Rep Power
    Yeah, it sounds like they mean rasterize, which is a process you have to go through before you can apply any filters to a text layer (which, as you probably know, removes your ability to edit it as text). You can do that through Rasterize->Type, or when you try to apply the filter, it'll give you a dialog that will tell you you have to rasterize the layer first; just hit ok, and it'll do it for you before applying the filter.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo