• Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can I monitor my website's status?

Anyone helps? Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture

Google analytics is under my opinion the best FREE software that you can use to follow the statistic of you website, besides they are always adding new features, and it is very simple to use, just place a small amount of code at the end of you index page, and thatís it. Search in Google for Google analytics, sing in and follow the instructions it is quite simple, as well it is very use full to get the Google webmaster tool, it is a very useful tool.
  5. No Profile Picture

I'd have to agree with @PeruTravel, Google's Analytics is one amazing free tool. It can be very overwhelming for newbies but once you know the names of the stats you're interested in you can just filter out the rest. I know my local library has books dedicated on getting the most out of GA. Check yours out, you may find some helpful ones!
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

What "status" do you mean? It seems that the other posters in here had miss-read "status" for "statistics", but that could b what you were after in the first place.

If you mean status as most people would think, meaning if the site is available or if it's down, then you can either continually check it yourelf, or go to one of the many 1000 site monitoring services that are around.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by PeruTravel
    Google analytics is under my opinion the best FREE software that you can use to follow the statistic of you website, besides they are always adding new features, and it is very simple to use, just place a small amount of code at the end of you index page, and thatís it. Search in Google for Google analytics, sing in and follow the instructions it is quite simple, as well it is very use full to get the Google webmaster tool, it is a very useful tool.
    Thanks for your response, Ok, I will download the tool you refered to. Thanks again.
  11. No Profile Picture

Website Stat's

I use google analytics myself , but Metasun have a decent software program called MetaTraffic2.0, you can get a free 25 day trial
    Last edited by Kravvitz; December 1st, 2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: removed fake signature
  13. No Profile Picture

I use Wasitup? to get email notifications to see if my site is up or not. It emails you when it's down and why and then you get one when it's back up (along with how long it was down). The best part- it's completely free!

For a quick check just use Down or just me .
  15. No Profile Picture

If you are talking about monitoring traffic monitor, there are a lot of tools you can find online, in light of these; search engines are your best friend. If youíre talking about hit counter, there are also a lot of tools you could just embed on your website to start monitoring them. If you have set up your own server, you can choose from a wide variety of server protection software.
  17. No Profile Picture

Google analytics and Statcounter is the best tool to monitor website status.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by seosunny
    Google analytics and Statcounter is the best tool to monitor website status.
    For using statcounter one need to add the code given by them in website code.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

The best way to monitor the visits and all other activities of site is from Google Analytics or through Awstats in cPanel.
  23. Contributing User

I also use Google analytics and Statcounter, both are free.
  25. No Profile Picture

Status

A few people already mentioned Google Analytics, I agree that's a great tool. Don't forget to also setup Google Webmaster tools (also free).

This again relies on your question meaning Status as site statistics. I'm also wondering what your site is built on. Plain html can be a little trickier then a site in a cms like joomla, drupal or Wordpress. If you have one of those it can be easy to find additional free plugins but not everything free is as good as Google Analytics.

If you just want to see your page rank you can check compete.com and Alexis.com to get a rough idea of where you stand.

If you want to watch for hackers and see if anyone is trying to invade your space their are tons of tools for that as well, but be careful if you have a cms because I've found that some of those damn freebie plugins can break your site or work against you. They do their jobs a little too well and take you as a hacker yourself.

I've played with pagerank, free hits, and hit tracker.. not the best tools in the world but ok. As for a dashboard for wordpress I like one called wp stats it also lets you track your social networks.

Hope all that helps.

Originally Posted by sophielucky

Anyone helps? Thanks in advance.
  27. No Profile Picture

Thanks for sharing..
  29. No Profile Picture

Google Analytics is a good option for this. Actually it provides the no of visitors who have visit the website and also for how long they visit the particular website.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo