Thread: Website help

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Website help

Can anyone help please?

i have signed up to www.UK2.net with webspace and am trying to upload my website. i orginally designed it in Frontpage but on contacting them it appears they dont support that format so i have tried a web template which appears fine. i am now just wondering to get it online!?

It talks of FTPing to my site? whats is this? and can word or a web template do this? In order to get the site online i am trying to use WebDiversion...does anyone knoe of UK2.net or how to help me........

Any help would be so so appreciated!

Cheers
  3. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

FTP is File Transfer Protocol. You've probably used it through your browser for downloads, but just didn't realize it.

I would think UK2.net would provide some detailed instructions regarding this, including how to set up your FTP client. You will need to find an FTP client and install it on your computer. Check out download.com for one. I believe some popular ones for Windows are WS FTP and CuteFTP. You will need to configure it with informatin provided by UK2.net. Once you do, you will be able to connect to your site via FTP and transfer files b/w your local file system and the UK2.net server file system.
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile

I think the instructions you have received already are right on track if you want to continue NOT using FrontPage 2K. However; if you decide that you want to go back to using FP2K I would highly recommend Citahost.com as a web hosting service that does support FP extensions. They give you a lot of space with no banner adds at a VERY cheap price. And what's really amazing is that they still manage to give decent customer service response to e-mail requests. No... I do not work for them... I have just been through the ringer with web hosts that either cost an arm and a leg or don't perform like they should. Now that I have found a good one I thought I'd let some other people know about it. You might keep this information handy and if you or someone you know needs a host that really does support FP2k...give them this info or my e-mail. Have a great weekend...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo