Thread: Website Ideas?

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website Ideas?

Hey, I recently created a learning website that covers programming, the site is a bit plain right now but thats why I am posting on this forum, I wanted to know if anyone had any good ideas for the website. If you want to check it out and learn some stuff heres the link --> www. codeprogramwriting .com Thank you for your time!!
  3. No Profile Picture

keep it simple

The more knowledge and a clean easy read design always keeps me coming back. Smashing magazine and the oatmeal are great clean design examples. Lydia is a great tutorial stie and tut designs (I'm pretty sure I got that last name wrong tut something)

Originally Posted by Marwanok
    Hey, I recently created a learning website that covers programming, the site is a bit plain right now but thats why I am posting on this forum, I wanted to know if anyone had any good ideas for the website. If you want to check it out and learn some stuff heres the link --> www. codeprogramwriting .com Thank you for your time!!
  5. No Profile Picture

I like it. Good website.
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

So, you've created a forum that's a direct compeditor to these forums here, and you're advertising it on these forums? Nice move...

Overall, the site looks like a very basic 2nd rate PHPBB site. There's nothing special about it, the skin looks like a semi-amature attempt at making something "cool" and overall, there is nothing special about the way that it looks of works.

First suggestion is get a new theme. Something with some white space in it, and not as dark. Colours are good to have, but it needs to be a bit more subtle I think. There's just way to much blue. Second suggestion is to give people something different to come to the site for. I'm not sure what that is, but there's got to be something that you can offer that's unique.
  9. No Profile Picture

to: Catacaustic

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion and as tacky as it is to advertise a website on a competitors site, I think his site looks cleaner and more modern. I personally like the blue colors. I have no need to use his site, but it looks nice and your being a bit brash.

As far as telling him he needs to get his own edge to keep people coming back, without offering any REAL advise.. well isn't that what he was asking for on here in the first place? You seem really good at just leaving general remarks (lots of them on here without any real substance).

Just an observation.
  11. No Profile Picture

Nice website..
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

This board is currently down due to spam problems.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you are going to make design I suggest you to use template as a base, you will get an opportunity to change all you want. Try to search the best for yourself
  17. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up Superrrrrrrr

Hi......
    The Color theme was good......
    but it will more attractive when put a banner, flash banner, logos..
    Work was good.......
    Try to become more attractive..........

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo