1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is the best way to sell web design and web consultant services?

I started a web consulting company. I help small businesses develop website and design. I am on a limited budget for advertising as i won't be able to plaster ads every where.

What would you suggest the best method to sell my services?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Anna Hussie
    I started a web consulting company. I help small businesses develop website and design. I am on a limited budget for advertising as i won't be able to plaster ads every where.

What would you suggest the best method to sell my services?

Thanks
    Word of mouth is what comes to my mind on a limited budget. Design a few sites for people, and ask them if you can leave a link to your site on theirs (designed by:... kinda thing). Give them some of your business cards to hand out to people they know. If you know of a place that has a business card board, leave one there (our Dairy Queen has one). Anytime you deal with a small business (buying candles at the local boutique, etc.), ask them if they have any need for a website...or if you know they have one, but think you could make it better, ask if they would let you redesign theirs. If they say no, ask if you can leave your card with them. Eventually, word will get around. With a limited budget, though, you really have to be out there selling your service.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you can do seo on your site as well you should submit your website in local directories you can marketing about your site through facebook and twitter as well
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

good advice from every member here but with seo and other alternative publishing of your service i think you should have a strong background for the service like a good portfolio to show your talent and creativity.. help them judge you with your work
  9. No Profile Picture

Only doing SEO won't help you a lot. The services you are going to sell is not like eatable or such product which are meant for small time. You are going to be reason for someone's online business, their branding and even much more, At first you have to create trust factor for your website, online presence, usability and issues which are important factors for small businesses, you have to create reason why should they trust on you.
    All The Best
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Tips for Web designing

The first and the foremost point that you need to keep in mind before staring up the plan for the website is going through a research work of your competitors. Never try and underestimate them and if they are very strong, don’t even attempt to copy them. The basic fundamental of any unique website is its own idea and originality.
  13. No Profile Picture

As per my opinion, you have to go through some SEO method and also promote your business on social media websites. (Like: facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
  15. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

I'm not a web designer but I have few friends who do web designing and they get lots of leads through LinkedIn. You need to complete your profile with and add your skills. This makes it easy for others to find you. Then get 2-3 recommendations for your existing or past clients. This works for my friends so hopefully it will work for you. Good luck.
  17. No Profile Picture

I suggest you to make nice portfolio and use social media to advertise yourself. It's free and effective.
    Last edited by Kravvitz; July 20th, 2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: removed fake signature
  19. No Profile Picture

I agree going with SEO,making nice portfolio and using social media ...These are quite good options....also i would say that the only way to sell web site design is to contact people direct not unless you have a very large advertising budget.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo