1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New tool for web designing?

Is there any other tool, more better than Photoshop for giving various effects in an image and also which is used for designing purpose. Please suggest anybody...
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

More better then Photoshop?

The answer all depends on what effects you want to put on the images and if the program/programs are going to support them. There's no point in someone recommending a program that can't do lens flare if that's what you're after.

Apart from that, Photoshop is about the "biggest and best" thanks to all of the years of development work that's gone into it, so it is very hard to bring in something that is better.

As a personal preference, I like to work with Fireworks rather then Photoshop as it's geared towards web design more. Photoshop still works for it, but I find that Fireworks is easier to use.

There's also other options like Gimp, Illustrator, Coreldraw, and a long list of others. Each one does something that the others don't, or have some other reason for being useful, so you'd need to try them to see which one works for your requirements.
  5. No Profile Picture

I like GIMP. You can find plugins, patterns, etc for it and it's all free.
  7. No Profile Picture

Flash can be a useful tool for the graphics design.But it cant replace Photoshop.Both are from Adobe and of different utility.Flash can be useful for the video, animation and gaming applications.So, we can say that there can be no other tool to work better than the graphics design.
  9. No Profile Picture

There's also Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro, Fireworks, Corel Draw, and even Open Office Draw. They all have different uses, maybe you should check out some reviews and find out what works best for your specific projects?
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by j0hnx777
    There's also Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro, Fireworks, Corel Draw, and even Open Office Draw. They all have different uses, maybe you should check out some reviews and find out what works best for your specific projects?
    I actually just read an article about a program called Xara that is "supposed" to be better than photoshop for only $299. I think the author of that article was being biased though.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo