1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Recycling of unused logos or showcasing them as portfolio?

Unused logos are like those dresses that you never wore for the waiting of right occasion! I personally feel itís high time that we all make the most of these. There is no benefit in stacking all the unused logos if you are not even ready to showcase them. Make them visible with PORTFOLIO and offer people with wide range of concepts.

Logo recycling approach:

a. Making use of all unused logos
    b. Making the efforts of designers count
    c. Keeping up the artwork alive
    d. Showcasing every concept for a particular logo

Well this is the reason behind creation of logomaya.com. If there is anything new that can be added to my approach, please do share with me. Do let me know where you think my logo recycling idea stand. Here, I am looking for comments from your end so that I can polish the whole approach in a much better way.

TELL ME WHERE MY IDEA BULB IS NOT LIGHTING?
    Last edited by muscle_crowe; September 2nd, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Is recycling of logos in?

"Art never gets destructed" and this is what we believe in while going with the approach of recycling of logos. We often have asked ourselves, what happens to all those design concepts that remains unused with millions of designers of the world? The answer that we get is not satisfying indeed.

This made us reuse all our logo design concepts like these below.
  5. No Profile Picture

Unused logs are usually forgotten about because they are not good enough quality, don't correctly show the brand's identity or give off messages that the brand doesn't want to be associated with

I don't think companies would want designers showcasing logos that they don't like. It could have negative impacts on their brand...

Also, (and I'm not sure about this, I might be talking rubbish), there might be issues with copyright if you publish a logo that uses a particular piece of company branding, or a trademarked name.

Perhaps you need to put a bit more thought into this, or try approaching logo designers to find out what they think about it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo