1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Will it be slow if I use only one HTML page?

I designed and coded my own website, however, it is just one simple html page and it contains links to different sections ( I used display: "none" and when user clicked on a menu option, I hide the previous and show the other ). It contains about 6000 lines of code since its about 5 pages stuffed in one. If I host this single HTML page, will it be alot laggy? especially during alot of traffic?

My CSS stylesheet and Javascript file is separate though
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Speed would not be my primary concern, though you would be making everyone download everything at the beginning, which is something to avoid when you can.

What would concern me more is that nobody can bookmark the section of page that they are interested in. Also search engines may not be able to index your content as well with so many topics covered on the same page.

For most web sites, it's best to split information into multiple pages if you have any doubt that the page is too long.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

It depends on the overall size of the file. Anything around 100-200 kb is fine.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo