1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Articles for my website

I`m in the planning stages of producing a website. Kinda a passion of mine. Panfishing.
    Looking over different CSM`s to use. Havent nailed one down yet.
    One question I have. When my site goes live I`m wondering how to fill in the content.
    I am not a good writer. I`m sure I cant write an article that can capture anyones attention.
    Keeping plagurism in mind, is there ANY places online I can find articles to put into my website for free? Is it going to be as easy as asking the webmaster of a site that has interesting articles if I can use their article as long as I give credit where it is due along with a link to the origional site?
    I`ve seen where a webmaster will ask its forum members to contribute articles to the site for a small monetary compansation to the article writer.
    I`m looking for articles on new gear for fishing. Lures and also technics for fishing certain lake conditions.
    Last edited by YoMoma; November 1st, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

There's 1,000's of places around that will supply you with a stream of articles for free as long as you give them links back from your site. This is pretty much what the world of SEP has come down to these days, so it's one of the most common services around.

There's places like
    • http://www.articlecity.com
    • http://www.articlesnatch
    • http://www.articlebase.com

(note that I haven't used any of these, and I'm not recommending them, just pointing out the sort of places that are around.)

The only "problem" with services like these is that the articles are being used on countless other websites as well, so there's an extremely good chance that your site won't be credited for them.

Another thing to do is ask around your friends to see who might be able to write something. It's amazing who you know that can actually write sometimes!

You can also try adding something to your site asking any interested people to send their articles to you. This will really only happen after your traffic gets higher, but it's always nice to have there.

If all else fails... just get out the notepad yourself. The first things you write are going to be terrible, so expect that and don't get turned off it all. Just keep on writing and eventually something will come out of it, and you'll know that it's all your own content.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Catacaustic

The only "problem" with services like these is that the articles are being used on countless other websites as well, so there's an extremely good chance that your site won't be credited for them.
    Not sure I follow you here. Obviously I would give credit to the writer and give a link to their site, but what exactly do you mean by "so there's an extremely good chance that your site won't be credited for them"?
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9

What I mean is...

Google and other search engines do not like duplicate content on various sites. This means that when you buy an article from an article distribution service like these, it will also be on a lot of other sites, including the main distribution site. Because SE's index only the first, or most "popular" instance of these articles, it will be seen, but because it's a copy of somewhere else it will be ignored by the search engine robots and won't be counted as part of your sites content. This ruins any benefit of you having the article there in the first place.

If you are going to do is properly you need original content, which means that someone will have to write it exclusively for your site.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,
    I'll suggest you not to put articles from anywhere else, no matter you are going to credit the author or not. After the Panda Update google is in no mood to rank a page with a duplicate content as it has nothing to serve unique except the design which google do not consider in its ranking algorithm. However site architecture matters but not for the Search engine point but for the user experience point.

regards
    zabalex
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

yea there is no other choice than writing a fresh article for our website than using a duplicated content, give some time to yourself to think about what exactly your require in your article that people would love to read and help you gain some popularity and business.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, sounds like origional content is the way to go.
    I will need to purchase VBullitin to make my site. Only CMS that will do everything I want it to.
    Thanks for the help guys!
  15. No Profile Picture

to avoid duplicate content, you spin one article and make 5 revisions. you can save time writing another original article with this.
  17. Code Monkey V. 0.9

Originally Posted by TemplateSpin
    to avoid duplicate content, you spin one article and make 5 revisions. you can save time writing another original article with this.
    Spinning articles is OK if you are only wanting to publish useless un-readable garbage. If you want REAL content that can be easily read by REAL people and not just search engines then you will have articles written by humans, not programs. I have yet to see any spinning software that outputs anything that's even half as good as a third-rate offshore article writer with a basic grasp of English.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo