1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question developping dynamic content undr GL6.01

hello,everybody,most poeple lgd in=guest,why?

Iproceed to basic queation(Tht q. is imp. to many develprs,searching extly for the same thing,TRUST ME IT IS EXTREMELY imprtnt.

I go ahead,want to set up staging server under win2k to develop dynamic content in GL6.01 with SDK 6.04 enables.
    MY PROBLEM=How set up Apache,PHP and my SQL in win2k envir. and then have to deal with uploading to linuxenvir. (APACHE ,PHP and mySQL ON cheap virtuall host with GL6.01.)
    The apoppriate source http://www.realworldgolive.com/six/welcome.html isn't available right now in Greece(would take 4 weeks to ordser from bookstore) and having tried to pdf downlowd paying the price did'nt work(for me in Greece)(I wouldn't have minded to wait 100 hours to print the whole thing on my old HP620c Dskjt but the don't accept my creditcard on amazon.Well I don't have any time to waste.(If I have to build a linux-machine for staging purposes to be sure about comp.-issues ,Imgo9ing to do it.BUT THERE SHOULD BE SOME WORKAROUND ABOUTIT RIGHT ?BUDDIES.
    Last edited by cybermarios; September 28th, 2003 at 05:34 AM.
  3. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Umm... are you just asking how to install Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Win2k? Have you visited each website and downloaded the programs. There are instructions included with each one. It is not difficult on Win2K.

---John Holmes...
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by Sepodati
    Umm... are you just asking how to install Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Win2k? Have you visited each website and downloaded the programs. There are instructions included with each one. It is not difficult on Win2K.

---John Holmes...
    Thank you SEPODATI for your reply.I just might have discovered a workaround for this,from Apachefriends it's called xamp (opensource project) and they say,that you can install all this an win2k without hassle.Watch this out: http://www.apachefriends.org/wampp.html
    But to make myself clear,I'd like to setup my staging server in a manner that suits to my hostingcompany(under linux). while stagingserver=win2k.
    How would Golive be able to handle these differnt environments?
  7. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I've never used GoLive, but the HTML, PHP, and MySQL code will run the same on Win2K as it does on Linux.

---John Holmes...
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by Sepodati
    I've never used GoLive, but the HTML, PHP, and MySQL code will run the same on Win2K as it does on Linux.

---John Holmes...
    Thks sepodati,I'm sure it will,but the environment on the staging server and production server will be different,the question was actually how does this fit into golive when it comes to uploading your site after testing.Understood?In this way ,before doing anything I just try to gather the info before I waste my time and install everything.
    Furtermore 2 more options come to mind.Either build a small linux server box for staging choosing some configuration then hosting company.or change hosting company to win.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo