1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Wordpress for dummies

Wordpress is really cool but if you suck in programming you have to stick to the color, templates and things the provide...
    Is there some wordpress bible to customize a site further than font color and banner?

Cheers,

Comments on this post

• Deepak_kumar agrees
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

There is a book titled "WordPress for Dummies" you can buy in Amazon.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Learning the language that is needed to customize wordpress is quite very easy. There are tons and tons of tutorials online that teach you how to edit and customize your wordpress site.. Its easy to do it from the admin panel.

I suggest you search on google how to customize wordpress site easy ways and there will show you some guides on how to work around the site and change things up..

Other than that you can go and hire someone to do the work for you and make sure its good work.
  7. No Profile Picture

Did you have a look at the official WordPress Lessons already? They cover almost everything you need to know about WP and how you can customize it.

However, if you have zero knowledge about coding, then you should start learning the basics of HTML, CSS and PHP before you proceed to the WP lessons. I can recommend you W3Schools for this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Thumbs up Free Wordpress Themes by zebrathemes

Very well said........Miss "Singh" you have to master html & css first before thinking about wordpress.......w3school is good but it would be better you download a ebook from headfirstlabs .com......from there only i had learned html & css..........

Or if you want any free wordpress themes then feel free to visit this website zebrathemes.com......
    Last edited by zebrathemes; December 1st, 2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: spellng mistake
  11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

w3schools.com is more trouble than it's worth. There are better resources elsewhere. (And don't let the "W3" in the name fool you -- it has nothing to do with the W3C standards organization.) I recommend you read this: W3Fools: A W3Schools Intervention
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo