1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking Website to store and edit programming projects?

I'm sure there have been threads like this before, but I had no idea what to search for, so please forgive me.

I use jsFiddle to store some code for my web projects, but being that it's jsFiddle, it's very JavaScript-centric, and it doesn't allow you to upload images to use or make folders to store different scripts.

Is there a good, free website where I can store and edit my web programming projects? Something kind of like Google Docs (now Drive, of course), but focused purely on programming, perhaps even allowing me to store assets (like images), and most definitely allowing me to have a specific folder structure.

If I need to clarify my question, please let me know, and thank you in advance for any ideas.

EDIT: I'm actually thinking something along the line of Pastebin, but hopefully having syntax highlighting in an editor, and preferably having file hosting. Thank you.

EDIT 2: With a bit of searching and finally figuring out what to search for ("online web ide"), I was finally able to find things that are similar to what I wanted! Most of them weren't free or had limitations, but some good ones were Cloud9, CodeRun, ShiftEdit, and Exo IDE.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, abluescarab.

The two options that come to mind are GitHub and Google Code (for Open Source projects). A quick search comes up with BitBucket as well. Here are two lists that might also be helpful:
    http://alternativeto.net/software/github/
    http://www.similarsitesearch.com/alt...-to/github.com
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    *snip because of links*
    Thank you for all the suggestions! BitBucket looks like it may be an option, since it's private, and allows for unlimited free repositories, though I'll have to check it out further when I'm not trying to sleep. :P Thank you again, and I will make sure to check them all out later when I can!

EDIT: I just checked out a number of websites and honestly, none are what I want. I don't even know if there is a website like what I want (though there must be one somewhere).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo