Thread: Web form

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web form

Ok I am not a programmer and just know enough about HTML to be dangerous. I am working on my web site and have embedded forms before but the new service I am using for my CRM only provides .asp .cpp files for their forms. I can go in and edit the form to make it so that I can capture the lead but it does not put it in the mail campaign. Is there anyway to use the .asp on a linux server or how would I make the .cpp file work. I have read that I can convert the .asp to php but I have not ventured enough into php to understand it yet. Any help would be appreciated or even a comment that maybe I shouldn't be doing this. not that I will stop but I can handle the truth.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

As a technical exercise, it is conceivably possible to make an ASP.NET script run on Linux. In practice, such a thing would almost never be done in a production environment. It would be sort of like using duct tape to hold the door on your car.

The .cpp file by itself isn't executable, but if you compile it into a binary on the Linux server then it should be possible to use it on there. You might need to make some minor adjustments to the server configuration files for it to work. Using C++ for web scripts is not unheard of, but also not incredibly common (to the point where I've never done it and so can't tell you precisely how to proceed, other than I know it's possible provided the C++ code in the file is compatible with Linux).

You could convert the ASP.NET file into PHP by reading the .asp file and then writing equivalent PHP code. There is no way you can automatically convert between them.

Comments on this post

• richpri agrees : Good advice - Very clear
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thank you. I am not versed in PHP but I may need to study it so I can re-write the code.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo