Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Joomla vs Wordpress?

Im not sure if this thread was already made, but does anyone knows who's better?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Better for what? Better in what way?

What' you're asking is way to high-level and subjective to get any answer that will actually mean anything.

The best thing that you can do is figure out what you want the system to be best for, and then ask that. That way you'll get a real response, rather then just a bunch of replies saying "XXXX is better 'cause I said so!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok better question...

Which system is better for customization AND easy to use? I basically just want to show news and some modules there. I do not want something that is very difficult to handle. AKA building a theme, adding modules, etc...
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

That question also depends on a few things. The main one is your individual knowledge of either system. If you know Wordpress, then Wordpress will be easier. If you know Drupal, Drupal will be easier.

As a totally personal preference, I'd take Wordpress as it's a little more light-weight, and even though it's core code is a bit of a mess in a lot of places, it's still less of a mess then Drupal. I've also seen a few people saying that Wordpress can be easier to learn, but as I haven't looked to deep into Drupal yet I can't confirm that one.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As per my view both CMS are good. i have worked on wordpress which is more user friendly and easy. Selection of CMS is also depends on your system means which kind of application you want to develop. Hence if you want to get more information then compare features of both the CMS so you will get idea which one is better for your system.
  11. No Profile Picture

Both are great systems of CMS but I think Joomla ! Takes too much of your time to set up and too much of troubleshoot conflicts. I prefer Wordpress platforms, You can make your website more powerful by using WordPress plug-ins which can be installed easily.
  13. Contributing User

I would opt for WordPress. WordPress is a great platform for creating a website or a blog. It provides with a wide range of themes and plugins to make your blog impressive and efficient. Moreover, it also has a huge community that you can look forward to for support.
    Webhosting.uk.com :: Reseller Hosting | Cloud Server UK | Fully Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Great Opportunity :: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE & earn upto 300! per Sale:clap:
  15. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

I think Wordpress is much better.
    Flexible and practical for new users.
  17. No Profile Picture

I think wordpress is the best because there are more functionality in the wordpress than the joomla.
  19. No Profile Picture

Dear I recommend you to use WordPress instead of Joomla because it takes more time for setup. I think WordPress is easier and more user friendly in comparison to Joomla.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Banned

i think it will depend on the requirement of the project that which one will be helpful to your project.
  23. No Profile Picture

joomla vs wordpress

Wordpress is for blogging kind of simple sites and joomla for more complex sites
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think if you want open source then go for joomla and if you want simple cms with millions of free plugins then go for wordpress.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I would suggest you to go with wordpress. WordPress is one of the most easy and trendy content management systems that offer comprehensive solutions in developing blogs and blog-based websites with ease. The easy-to-use feature and the robustness of WordPress have made it the most commonly chosen platform in building websites that empower your business.
  29. No Profile Picture

Joomla is kind of complex when it come to develop as compared to Wordpress. In Wordpress you have pre installed plugin for everything. You can easily manage Wordpress as compared to Joomla. Trust me Wordpress has came a long way, you can find all beautiful dynamic slider, amazing pop-up and the percentage of Wordpress has really increased from past few years.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo