1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do sites know where you came from

hi sorry if this is wrong section couldint find newb section but if i go to a page from google or any other site to for example happyforums.com how does happyforums know where i navigated from?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

search for "http referer" (yes, it's spelt wrong... thanks to no one actually checking that in the original spec).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Google analytics provide all the information from where the visitor have navigated the site and helps the owners to get all the traffics details so that they can target accordingly.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

in Google analytic you can find "Real Time" option where you can get complete details about visitor such as location, Landing page, time duration etc.
    Freelance to India - A creative Web Design Company
  9. No Profile Picture

So many ways to know it.through google you will able to know it and also through your ip adress it will be easy to know from how and where you have been navigated.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by goof
    hi sorry if this is wrong section couldint find newb section but if i go to a page from google or any other site to for example happyforums.com how does happyforums know where i navigated from?
    I know how I would do it, I would lookup your IP address from RIPE for example.
    Last edited by freak.inside; September 19th, 2013 at 05:59 AM.
    All generalizations are false, including this one. Free hosting
  13. No Profile Picture

They are so may ways to track website address and location like Google analytic and your IP address.Google analytic provide web master all the information regarding website traffic with visitor locations.
    For any query regarding website you can consult to an expert.I always recommend you to consult expert that help you to recover from your queries.You can consult ablysoft expert.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

So many ways to know it.through google you will able to know it and also through your ip adress it will be easy to know from how and where you have been navigated.
  17. No Profile Picture

When you click a link, your browser loads the web page you clicked and tells the website where you came from with the help of HTTP Referrer header field. Cookies and User Agents also help to identify and track the browsing activity.
  19. No Profile Picture

Online services

You may use free online services placing a small code in source code of your website which records traffic visiting your website. There are other resources as well helping in this regard.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo