Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Which one better Wordpress or Joomla for my Ecommerce Site

Hii Friends,

Hope all are fine. Today i need help actually i am going to develop my eCommerce website in CMS platform but i am little bit confused in wordpress or joomla so if any one has good knowledge about it so please suggest me and tell me which one is best of my website.

Thanks
    Andrew
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It's not possible to answer that from what you've told us there.

What features does the shop need? How many items will it hold? What server type is it running on? What sort of themeing/layout are you going to use?

There's only a few 1,000 different e-commerce options out there, and they all offer varying options. There will be a lot of replies on here saying something like "you use wordpress as it best" (yes, the bad english is intentional there...) and none of then will tell you what features match your requirements.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You are right Catacaustic, Itís totally depend on your requirements. Each CMS has their unique features. Hence nobody can give perfect answers that which one is better for your ecommerce store.
    Last edited by KevinJohnson; October 17th, 2013 at 05:07 AM.
    Freelance to India - A creative Web Design Company
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi
    Yes, e-commerce seems to be handled equally well by both. Rather, each has it's own fanboys that claim the other is not worthy.

So, e-commerce is not really a deciding factor.

Try one and if you don't like it you should have learned enough in the process to be able to figure out how to set-up the other. You can usually set-up sub-domains based on your real domain-name so that you can experiment with templates and other issues without those sub-domains going "Live". So just try to avoid any obvious "vendor lockins" and go for free tools as much as possible to start with so that you can get an idea of what you are aiming for and how to use such tools.

Don't take it all so seriously! Try things out and see how they run for a couple of months before making major changes, just to give them a bit of a chance.
    Regards from
    Tom
  9. No Profile Picture

It all depends on your specific needs. No one would be able to help you out without knowing how your site should function.
  11. No Profile Picture

I think it depends on your specific needs. Every content management has specific features so you should decide that which one is better for your website.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hold a thought there, building a site on Wordpress is not a rocket science. Go to YouTube type how to build sites on Wordpress. You'll get thousands of videos. Download one of them and within an hour you'll be able to develop your site on a Wordpress. Same goes for Joomla but it will take longer time than Wordpress for sure.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Andrew Weiers
    Hii Friends,

Hope all are fine. Today i need help actually i am going to develop my eCommerce website in CMS platform but i am little bit confused in wordpress or joomla so if any one has good knowledge about it so please suggest me and tell me which one is best of my website.

Thanks
    Andrew
    While making a website for ecommerce a lot of security issues but it depends on the gateway you use for payment purposes. For an instance PayPal prevents the use of security server and buying a SSL certificate.
  17. No Profile Picture

I would not use CMS for ecommerce, instead I would use online ecommerce software like opencart or magento. You will find success and ease doing it that way!
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For normal (bloging or simple website ) wordpress is better but ecomerce related website joomla opencart magento is better. wordpress is also use for E-commerce but not large eCommerce website . wordpress cant handle millions of product . so for you joomla is better.
  21. No Profile Picture

WordPress is a healthy options for creating attractive ,website, blog, content as well as used can be used for eCommerce site but for small a scale not for big eCommerce site. so for that you can go for joomla.

Comments on this post

• maggie colnett agrees
  23. No Profile Picture

This is the most frequently asked question ever when it comes to CMS, and most of the time it can't be answered.
    You must give more details about your resource and your needs for the ecommerce website.
    Do you or your team have technical skills, specifically?
    You budget for running the site?
    What functions you need for site?

The more details you give, the better answer you get :P
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Andrew Weiers
    Hii Friends,

Thanks
    Andrew
    Mostly For normal website or blog Wordpress is best. it is also best for small e-commerce website. but if You expand your business through (E-Commerce website) it will be give some problems because wordpress cant handle millions of product . It will depends on your eCommerce products...but I think Joomla Magento Opencart is the best for Ecommerce.
    Thank You.
  27. No Profile Picture

Wordpress is the best option for ecommerce website. It will help for you when you will do seo for the website because all the url in wordpress are easy to optimize.
  29. No Profile Picture

You can opt for Joomla because it contains many important features for setting up and maintaining an eCommerce website. Joomla is user-friendly and you can easily create an eCommerce website with Joomla.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo