1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation How to create video pages and interactive event calend

Hi I am new to programming - dabbled in C#, Javascript, and am starting courses in both PHP and Ruby. Really have no idea what skills I really need to focus on.
    I am wanting to eventually build dynamic websites from scratch, with video, and interactivity. I envision this eventually translating apps as well.
    I am not into gaming, but seems like a lot of that technology may be where my focus will eventually lead for educational purposes.
    I'm on the slippery slope of learning EVERYTHING and getting nothing done. Any suggestions for the quick method of accomplishing the basic language to use
    to create a website I can host myself ?
    Thanks,
    Jenn
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

The best way to learn things like this is the same as pretty much any other programming "options".

First, define what sort of result that you want to achieve. If it's a website, map out the pages that you want and the functionality that each page should have. Then break it down into small parts, and work on each one in turn.

As with any other project, you will end up re-working things as you go along, and most likely you'll re-do the same blocks of code many (many...) times as you learn more and can apply it in different areas.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo