1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

1and1 vs. GoDaddy

I'd like to start this thread for 1and1 and GoDaddy users to respond with their experiences with these companies. I've recently been fed up with 1and1, and am considering switching to GoDaddy. I have 9 domains, would like at least 2gigs of space, 100gigs of transfer, probably go with their 9.99 deal. If anyone would kindly post up their experiences with GoDaddy with regards to Customer Service, server uptime, features, annoyances with the control panel, statistics, anything you can think of, it'd be greatly appreciated. I also welcome anyone to suggest a different hosting providor if you feel the need. I have read the MANY posts in the web hosting offers page, but these are two of the most predominant companies in web hosting, and I'd like to see any differences in the above issues. Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The golden rule of thumb for most is that you do not want to have your web hosting at a mainstream domain registrar. The customer service and features tend to be less than stellar. Anyways, please check your PM.

Thank you.
    Managing Director
    HyTek Hosting, LLC
    www.hytekhosting.com
  5. Contributing User

i agree completely, i just never expected to be doing business with more than 2-3 clients when i first signed up at 1and1 over two years ago. it was mainly just for my personal site. 6 sites down the road im in trouble :-p anywho, you have a PM
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by RoLLiNLoW54
    i agree completely, i just never expected to be doing business with more than 2-3 clients when i first signed up at 1and1 over two years ago. it was mainly just for my personal site. 6 sites down the road im in trouble :-p anywho, you have a PM
    You may want to consider a reseller account if you have many sites (especially if they are all not personal). Anyways, I have replied to your PM.

-Josh
    Managing Director
    HyTek Hosting, LLC
    www.hytekhosting.com
  9. No Profile Picture
    Programmer Wanabee

My experience with GoDaddy hasn't been so extensive because quite frankly nothing serious has gone wrong. The worse thing that happened was a domain name forwarder wasn't taking action, so I put in a support request, and they not only solved it but made the changes for me. I switched from Dotster to GoDaddy as my registrar about 4 years ago and don't plan on changing anytime soon, and I even register some friends' and clients' domain names for them thru GoDaddy, and they haven't had problems either.
    However, domain names is the extend of my business with GoDaddy, I haven't tried their hosting, so I can't give my 2 cents on that.
    "You're confusing symbolism with realism."
    "I'll symbolize my gun to your head"
  11. No Profile Picture

Godaddy is the only domain register I use. They have a great repuation and the support is great too. I cant say about the hosting since I dont use it but I could say they would be good too cause godaddy is a large site and trusted by hundreds of thousands of people. I would switch to godaddy if it was up to me
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by formulx
    Godaddy is the only domain register I use. They have a great repuation and the support is great too. I cant say about the hosting since I dont use it but I could say they would be good too cause godaddy is a large site and trusted by hundreds of thousands of people. I would switch to godaddy if it was up to me
    Hi Guys, thanks for your responses. After reviewing my needs and such, I think I have pretty much decided on Virtuoso. http://virtuosonetsolutions.com/

Probalby going to go with their lowest reseller plan, for just 19/month. The thing that really sold me was their Instant support. Several tiems during the day yesterday i utilized their "RapidFire" support system, and received responses in 10-15 seconds. The online chat is exactly what i'm looking for in regards to support.

Anyone who has had experience with this company, good or bad, please post up here! I probably wont be purchasing until monday or so.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hmm I was gona go for 1and1 hosting because of the pricing but now after reading these reviews about these two companies I think im gona go for GoDaddy or maybe kep searching. And the company that you are going for seems pretty good. Im gona check it ou.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo