Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do I choose reliable web hosting and domain name?

3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Reliable Hosting

There are a lot of healthier competitions in the hosting industry leading to a reliable hosting service at cheaper rates.

The factors you may look for are the experience of the host provider, specialization, location of data centers, 24X7 support and the cost factor.

You try to arrive on a configuration you require like space, bandwidth, etc. and land up on the hosting company.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

few ways to verify the web hosting company

There are few ways to verify the web hosting company, those are : verify company reputation, search for more positive reviews from real users till the time you are not sure about the perfect one, as voted by the community of actual customers of each service and at last know more about their security policies.
  7. Contributing User

For me, the most important point you should know:

1. Price plans
    First of all check the hosting plans in details. Compare features and price plans to select the best one. Find an affordable web hosting company to save technology cost. Start with a basic plan initially and upgrade afterwards whenever needed.

2. Hosting Features
    Make sure you have all the features required for your website. Estimate the disk space required for your website. Some important features include cPanel , add-on domains, emails and ftp accounts. Money back guarantee is another important feature to ensure the quality of services and also make sure your web host offers 24/7 technical support.

Please visit http://www.asphostportal.com if you need hosting.

Thanks
  9. No Profile Picture

Do not be reliable on only cost factor

There are many web host companies but what you have to look more importantly is that:
    1) Is it providing good customer support by phone or support ticket
    2) Is it up time 24*7
    3) Is providing free malware protection
    4)Is it providing shield against hackers.
    You have to have information on all these then at last comes the cost factor as almost all web hosts charge almost equal or negligible amount compared.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

totally agree with hindlist, if you will rely only on cost you'll get bad hosting. As for domain name it depends on your website
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To choose reliable host you should determine your needs than find 3-4 companies which offer such plans, and than compare reviews on them in different websites, that's how I do. As for domain name you are free to fantasize
  15. No Profile Picture

see the thing is with hosting companies you have to see what they are offering first off. Example. If you go to order a vps server and your getting 512mb for $5/month plus maybe 1tb bandwidth etc that means they are overselling. And thats something you have to watch out for alot. OVERSELLERS! Hostgator, GoDaddy all those big companies are slacking now they making the bucks so the services seems good but its actually terrible. I know this because I am a web hoster and I'be been around for 4-5 years and I know the ups and downs and quality solution.
  17. No Profile Picture

How do I choose reliable web hosting and domain name

Originally Posted by siddu jalagam

You are looking for a reliable web hosting provider company, You should look for the location of data centers, 24x7 support, you required space, bandwith, protection(malware, virus) and the price is the main factor.

You can go with this go4hosting.com

Dedicated Server India
  19. Contributing User

There are many points to be taken into consideration while opting for a reliable hosting web hosting and domain name provider. The selection of provider also depends on your requirements. If you can give us a brief information about your requirements, we can assist you in better way.
  21. No Profile Picture

I think that hosting and domain names should be separated. Its best to do domain name registration with one company and hosting with another. The guys like Godaddy and hostgator tend to most of the time oversell with the amount they throw into a plan.

You can read what a company is about visually at most times. If they have too much going on with prices and addons all over the page then most likely you are looking at oversell. Taweem has been hosting websites for years, check us out.

Good luck.
  23. Contributing User

Yeah users prefer keep the domain with a domain registrar and hosting separate. However, if a hosting company provides you with the access to your domain and the domain is in your ownership, they shouldn't be any issues keeping both with the hosting company.
  25. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I have a very simple suggestion. Check their providers' business records and compare them!
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  27. No Profile Picture

There are lot of company providing service, I think you should choose well reputed company.
    Domain name should be as short as possible and memorable
    Web hosting account must be realible. If you are getting strted I would recommend you have shared account
  29. No Profile Picture

For a reliable web hosting you have to look for experience of the host provider, specialization, location of data centers, 24X7 support and the cost factor.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo