1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

E-commerce with paypal/google checkout on shared hosting

Hi,

I'm thinking of setting up an ecommerce site using drupal and ubercart. I'm interested in using Google checkout and paypal as the payment processors. My site would, initially, not hold any user accounts for customers. Is it considered appropriate to have the e-commerce site on a shared host like 1and1 or Godaddy?
    Since we are just starting out and will not hold any customer data (perhaps other than emails) we feel we can can get started on shared hosting.

What do you think or recommend?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Of course you can use shared hosting. Note that even if you have stored information you could just buy a SSL Cert. Most of e-commerce sites are on shared hosting plans its not a good idea to start with something BIG like VPS or dedicated server or whatever...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

You could start with shared hosting plan and upgrade later to VPS or dedicated if needed. Also good hosts provide money back guarantee, so if you are not happy you will cancel the service and get your money back.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo