1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

I'm about to get my own server with dreamservers/dreamhost moving away from web2010/hostcentric. Does anyone have experience using dreamhost?

I looking at AWStats as log file analyzer, demo looks great, does anyone have it?

Next to their standard debian/apache/php4/mysql what else would be handy to have?

I'm looking into php based e-commerce, is phpshop a good one to start looking into? I have one site with miva merchant but it seems so slow.

Zend optimizer: does anyone use the zend ide/ other zend tools? I had the zend ide demo and I was not impressed. My acehtml works better just for coding.
  3. No Profile Picture

well

Why don't you give us a link to the host?
  5. No Profile Picture

it's http://www.dreamhost.com and http://www.dreamservers.com

I'm looking at buying at quarter moon
  7. No Profile Picture

Well

I honestly think you could do better.

Check this out

I can set you up a dedicated server for 399.99 a month with the following stuff in it.

- Celeron 700 or better ( we can discuss which processor you would like and the cost to setup )
    - 256MB of ram
    - 20GB hard drive
    - 40GB of bandwith
    - 5 IP's

You can obviously purchase more IP's and bandwith ect..... we can also upgrade stuff and build better server later on if needed....

All our dedicated servers are supplied with the actuall CPANEL software, and also WEB Host Manager, so that you can edit your accounts, host other websites, and do everything with a few clicks so easy......

We do all work on servers, make sure everything if up and running. We have OC-3 lines too.

If you are interested or want more information you should contact me on icq at 19866991 or check out the site at http://www.noxhost.com

We even have co-location and bigger servers you can upgrade to later on. We like to do all of that business personally talking by ICQ, email, or by phone.

I hope to hear from you if your interested that is.

Thanks, Chris
    Last edited by ckirby; April 7th, 2001 at 05:58 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

I looked at your site. The company started in 2001. On your website where it said:

"April 2001 - Problems
    We are sorry about the downtimes, and the database problems latly, we are going to have it all up and running stable very soon, please bare with us as we fix a few problems."

is not very encouraging. Don't get me wrong, you probably do great work.

Dreamhost has been doing this for more than 5 years and the initial conversations are quite good. I've pretty much made up my mind there unless I hear horror stories

I'm more looking on what I should get on it
  11. No Profile Picture

Well

We did start 2001 in mid january, like 3 days ago we had a few downtimes which im not affraid to admit.... It was a simple problem with the kernel so we fixed it quickly and now everything is fine.

I swear that our support and services are equal to those of that company. I would have to say you will be happy with what you purchase.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo