Thread: Non EIG VPS?

1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Non EIG VPS?

I hope that you aware of EIG c ompanies? Sadly Hostgator become one of them and now I want to have VPS from non EIG company.
    After short research I found eurovps, kvchosting, knownhost, hostingsource.
    What are other companies/ list of the companies you know?
    בעלי המסורה
  3. Contributing User

There are many more non-EIG web hosting companies such as ourselves for example, over EIG-owned companies, however based on reviews of the services provided at some of these companies it is clear that many are jumping ship as soon as EIG is mentioned anywhere!

Check out Web Hosting Talk and as a member of Belira, if there is anything I can do personally to help you make the right choice for your VPS; please let me know.
    Thank You :: John Davies, || Learn how to install WordPress in 5 minutes
    Belira - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Reliable & Professional WordPress Hosting, Joomla Hosting, e-Commerce Website Hosting
    cPanel, Domain Names, SSL Certificates, with A Close & Personal Support 24/7/365
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The problem is - you can start with the company and then after few months it can turn into EIG. I have heard some companies you mentored do give some guarantees like hostwinds, that they will not be sold.
    But who knows how everything will be going in real life.
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by burton
    The problem is - you can start with the company and then after few months it can turn into EIG. I have heard some companies you mentored do give some guarantees like hostwinds, that they will not be sold.
    But who knows how everything will be going in real life.
    Thats the same with anything in life. When EIG buys a company your websites dont go offline instantly, its just gradually support and services deteriorate. This is over months and months, plenty of time to migrate.
    Thank You :: John Davies, || Learn how to install WordPress in 5 minutes
    Belira - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Reliable & Professional WordPress Hosting, Joomla Hosting, e-Commerce Website Hosting
    cPanel, Domain Names, SSL Certificates, with A Close & Personal Support 24/7/365
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As far as I know more and more new companies are being added to that list and every time you need to make sure and check that out. Hostgator used to be really great, but now I mowed some of my sites to hostwinds.
  11. No Profile Picture

I would personally recommend taking a look at Linode and WiredTree if you would like to use a company that should be away from the hands of EIG, or so I hope! They do have very good performing servers and definitely some of the best support in the market, per my experience.
  13. No Profile Picture

Well, all companies owned by EIG have the same trouble - their customer service is poor, especially considering their prices.
  15. No Profile Picture

I can confirm that kvchosting does not belong to EIG.
    But here I think we can have another problem. Who knows when the company decide to turn into EIG...

17. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    A non-EIG company - I would suggest you looking out at Hostripples - Cheap Cloud VPS!
    Hostripples - Affordable web hosting
    cheap shared hosting
    cheap reseller hosting
    cheapest hosting
    cheapest web hosting
    Hostripples.com $1 Unlimited Hosting

19. No Profile Picture

Best option is chose small hosting company instead of big company so there will be no any fear that they will acquire them

Even some of company can worst than EIG so first check their support system before choosing them.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Other host I know - pmgchosting.com - they are non EIG for sure and have dedicated hosted solutions.
  23. No Profile Picture

On the companies owned by EIG, for example, many non-EIG web hosting companies themselves, although on the basis of reviews of the services given by some of these companies, it is clear that as soon as the EIG is mentioned anywhere Many people are jumping!

As a member of Web Hosting Talk and Belira, if anything, then I can personally help you make the right choice for your VPS; please tell me.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo