1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Email spam control on cpanel hosting?

I was wondering if you can install a different email client or use any other program for controlling email with Linux cpanel hosting? The built in tools are really not good enough so I end up using Gmail (bad idea in light of Snowdon leaks).

So I was wondering if you can install other software to control email so that it could be filtered regardless of whether you were using webmail or pop3? I don't know what to search for at the moment. A search for email program would reveal results like Thunderbird, which isn't what I need. I need something like Roundcube but with spam control.
  3. Contributing User

In the WHM Exim Configuration editor, you can enable RBL filtering and Spamassasin. This can help you to block spam emails.

Regards,
    Calvin
    RepriseHosting.com -VPS |Dedicated Server
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Galahat
    I was wondering if you can install a different email client or use any other program for controlling email with Linux cpanel hosting? The built in tools are really not good enough so I end up using Gmail (bad idea in light of Snowdon leaks).

So I was wondering if you can install other software to control email so that it could be filtered regardless of whether you were using webmail or pop3? I don't know what to search for at the moment. A search for email program would reveal results like Thunderbird, which isn't what I need. I need something like Roundcube but with spam control.
    http://www.liquidweb.com/kb/fighting-spam-on-cpanel-servers/

Nice guide that you should look at.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo