1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello,

I need a host for my site that has the following module installed and that knows how it functions. It is necessary for my admin pages and the members section to function correctly.

mod_auth_mysql-2.20.tar.gz Apache authentication module for MySQL. By Zeev Suraski, bourbon@netvision.net.il.

This message was posted to the Mysql board as well, sorry for the double posting.

Thank you,

Jim
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi

The README says :-
    Who shouldn't use it
    --------------------

Somebody who uses more than one MySQL *server* to authenticate users, from within the same apache process. This isn't possible right now, and as far as I'm concerned, wouldn't be possible in the near future (one SQL link per httpd is how it works now).

So I presume that it needs one database with all the users in.

If you visit http://www.php4hosting.com/devshed/ you can see how to use an include with some code to use a normal MySQL database to auth users.

Or am I missing the point?

Regards
    Darren
    HTTP://WWW.PHP4HOSTING.COM ($) HTTP://WWW.PHP4HOSTING.CO.UK ()
    Website Hosting from $4.80/3pm -- .COM/.NET $39.98/24.99
    PHP4, MySQL (Root Access), Full CGI-BIN, Shell Access, FTP, POP3, WAP
    Full Control Reseller Accounts, unlimited domains, FTP, POP, MySQL,PHP4
  5. No Profile Picture

Mysql Database workaround

You got the point accross to me. This is a learning experience and I am not qualified so here is my next post.

Looking for a mySQL quru who can write scripts to access a members section of my website. The database has over 1000 users who have their usernames and passwords already stored in the database. Solution must be secure and make it easy for the webuser to change their password from a form. Scripts are currently using the mod_auth_mySQL method for security but this presents a major problem so I need a good work around.

Jim

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo