Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry Hostdepartment Sucks!!

Originally Posted by cashzzz@hotmail
    I need help. Hostdepartment servers has been down for over 22 hours. Every few days their servers are down. I feel completely cheated. I don't want to subscribe to every blog but just want the word to be out. I have nothing else to do while Hostdepartment servers have been down for more than 20 hours and is still down! I regret so much trusting them and their web hosting is poorly run. Bad management and lack of knowledge of how to run a server. This is really the worst server I have ever seen and the most incompetent. I am willing to spend the next few months or even years just to let everyone know about this because they really screwed up way too many times and my company lost money due to losing customer data and losing customer orders. Anyone who is having this same experience can contact me at cashzzz at hotmail . Hostdepartment.com really is the worst you can find and trust. They specialize in downtime. Hostdepartment does have a lot of complaints and I should have believed these. Hostdepartment staff will act very nice and say nice words but their actions are different and their servers are very very poorly run and often break down. I have even lost data on more than four occasions. STAY AWAY FROM HOSTDEPARTMENT.COM. VERY VERY BAD! I WILL SWEAR ON MY LIFE THAT HOSTDEPARTMENT IS THE WORST HOSTING COMPANY EVER.

If anyone is interested to sue them and have a class action in hopes to shut this company down, please contact me. It is completely false advertising to claim their servers are up 99%. It is not even up 90%. The servers goes down every single day!
    Hello;

I dare anyone to doubt my word on how bad they are. I have saved tons of emails and tickets about the problem and have had up to 30 hours in just one week of down time and kept a log of that also. Just yesterday my sites were down for 9 straight hours in row. Now I get up this morning to find that I have only one site out of three. Two of my sites are gone again. BUT NOW...you can't even get on live chat at all...there isn't one. You have to put in a ticket. They just did that in the night. No more live chat. They just distanced themself even farther from their clients that need their help. I don't know of a law suit but I will be willing to join anyone that can find someone who is. I am moving my sites as fast as I can to another host but will spend the rest of my old life letting people know about hostdepartment and how badly they suck and screw people out of their money. MsDuste'
  3. No Profile Picture

It happened again

Yesterday (Sunday) everything went out without any warning. All websites, emails, webmails, FTPs. And worse, HD website went down with live chat and the ticketing system. Calling them on phone was not useful also.

I think one day, they will just pack things up and quit their business leaving hundreds of websites and resellers to manage on their own.

They have even stopped backing up any website. So, websites with databases will definetaly lose their information.

TOO SAD. Their should be a worldwide sindicate for hosting companies that rates and monitors such companies.
  5. No Profile Picture

I would have to agree that Hostdepartment.com is a very bad web hosting company. First company we choose to start a reseller with which was a very good lesson but looked good at the time. Sorry you lost your money invested, they were very persistent on not letting me leave especially with a refund with 30 days. A domain transfer shouldn't fail 3 times and take a week each time to switch nameservers IMHO though.
  7. Contributing User

You really do have to wonder how such a blatently overselling web site, charging next to nothing, with such bad press still has a page rank of 7, yet the great companies who work really hard to please, dont always get this.

Without meaning to sound rude too, but did any of you guys do any research on this company first before signing up, or call and speak to anybody at this company to see the type of response you get before parting with your money?

I'm stunned that you guys would even tolorate so much downtime and still stay with a company, or even bother to try to deal with them if they are not contactable.

"If" we ever had a server go down, we'de all be on the edge of our pants on full alert until it was put right again, and we'de certainly be happy to tell our customers what and why it happened and what we would do to prevent it again, but so far, in 8 years, we have not needed to do this because we dont oversell the world for less than a cup of coffee

Its still sad though to hear about all the hassles you guys have had, I feel for you all, and share the pain of your grey hair you must all be developing, instead of your web sites

Richard Wraith
    WESH UK Web Hosting :: 0845 257 1084
    Cpanelv11 / Twice daily backups / PHP5 / MySQL5
  9. No Profile Picture

Not thieves, just incompetent

I don't think Host Department is a pack of thieves, I believe they are just incompetent.

I have had a reseller account with them for more than 4 years and the service really is bad much of the time, then sometimes you get someone who can actually take care of your problem right then. Until today, I have never had ALL sites down at the same time (plus their website is down). Usually it is one or two servers and my sites are spread among many of their servers. I also have noticed that the older servers to which they are no longer provisioning new accounts rarely have any issues - most issues are on their newest servers at the time, which is really tough since my newest customers have the least pre-established trust with me.

In my case, changing hosts would be extremely difficult, I have 48 CP accounts on my reseller account with about 150 websites, all for $25/month. I would be willing to pay quite a bit more for a better host, but who else can accept both UNIX and Windows accounts with .net on one reseller plan? I've looked around and even considered opening several VPS accounts to do it, but any solution I find costs several hundred dollars a month.

I blame their management for not hiring better, and enough staff. they are also completely reactive and not proactive at all. I guess you get what you pay for and I'm just not paying enough to get good service

Anyone know a GOOD host that has reseller accounts to meet my needs for around $100/month? I prefer Hshpere to Cpanel.

Oh, and from what I can tell, today's issue seems to be a name server problem. Hope they fix it quickly.
  11. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

You could get 2 VPS's 1 Linux and 1 windows, your better off posting a seperate thread in the webhosting requests to get good offers.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I wouldn't have put up with so much bull personally.
  15. No Profile Picture

I have been with Host Department since 2004, for the most part I have had no problems, until now.

It started with my service domain being deleted and nobody having any idea how to get it back, I'm not dumb I could recreate the service, but could not get my service domain to set-up. I got that all straightened out and got my site back on-line. Now it seems they have change support vendors and since have come under attack with viruses and other internal issues that appear to have been caused by someone with a lot of inside knowledge of the workings of their system. This is a problem that has been going on since they changed support vendors. I cannot get into any control panels, not even the one for my account with HD. I have clients ready to string me up and HD offered me a $10 credit, that's right ten bucks. I stand to not only lose hosting clients, but Webmaster accounts that pay me rather handsomely. It's funny my reseller site loads just fine as does HD's sales site, but my clients sites and the control panels are lost in cyber-space. Funny sites where sale can be made are up and running, I guess they don't want to lose out on any money. I mean sure I only pay $25 per month plus disk space and bandwidth, that's "unlimited" one can use all he pays for.

If this gets straightened out soon I will stay as moving my clients would be a major PIA, but if something does not happen very soon I'm looking elsewhere for sure.

I operate a SEO business and am about to join forces with a group of developers, so I will no longer have to build sites one at a time myself. I can't make all of this happen if I can't properly host my clients, I mean if I can't even provide basic hosting service how are people going to trust me to create that great site they want or put it on Google page one for them?
    Anybody with a good idea where I might take my business, preferably with Hsphere instead of Cpanel please send me an E-mail it should show in my profile.

Peace,
    Gene
    PMP SEO .us
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Meh. Get over it.
  19. No Profile Picture

Host Department provides an excellent Customer Support

I feel sorry for your experience but I don't think its that bad. I have been hosting my site from Host Department since 1 year and i find no issue with that. Whenever there is an issue as soon as we contact them they respond immediately and solve the issue. So, I think it is one of the best hosting companies. I honestly recommend Host Department.
  21. No Profile Picture

Host Department is very reputable business, it is strange to see they have done such mishap to you, I am sorry for that!
  23. No Profile Picture

Why don't you contact your bank and ask for refund in such case.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo spyfu logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo