Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry Hostdepartment.com is a pack of thieves

I've been making the web hosting review rounds to let the public know that Hostdepartment.com is a pack of thieves. I have bought a Reseller hosting plan with them in November and I never received the necessary information to put up my site, slow server, poor performance. All attempts to contact them via email failed. live chat is totally fake, I even tried opening a support ticket only discover that their support application was failing. I was never able to open a ticket.
    From the first day I have got many problems, they offer live chat software they offer no limit disk space but actually all offers are fake.
    These guys are really REALLY bad and they don’t want to refund my funds approx $549.45 even I lost my very valuable clients.

I also register my complaint BBB.org and Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s). Two requests for basic information have been sent to this company but to date the Bureau has received no reply.

Complaints against this business concern Advertising Issues, Billing or Collection Issues, Product Issues, Refund or Exchange Issues and Service Issues.

Stay away from Hostdepartment.com! I was attracted by the low prices and this was indeed a big mistake.

Thanks
    Lynx
    Hostdepartment's Existing Customer

P.S. I recommend to check out Wht Forum or search on google keywords (Experience with hostdepartment.com or forum hostdepartment etc)
  3. Moderator
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please provide us with the domain you had hosted with them to add credability to your claim.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't know. I'd almost want to agree with him just by browsing their site. It's laced with typographical errors and other things that just want me to rip my hair out for having them even consider themselves a legit business.

Plus, anyone who tries to convince someone that domain names offered through them work differently than anyone else's is really trying to get some sales in. It does honestly read as a scam.

I'm going to try to order something small from them just to see how things go. I'll report back afterwards.
  7. ~ѕυяяєη∂єя~

I have used hostdepartment to test because I was reading the reviews and I put one of my sites on there had it up for one day and took it and put it back to my server. There servers suck support sucks. Basicly I dont see how they can stay alive when they are such a crappy company.

p.s. The domain I had hosted there was themodshop.net now hosted on my dedicated server
    track3r.net My Personal Blog | Twitter
    TheModShop Tech Blog
  9. ~ѕυяяєη∂єя~

Originally Posted by huntty
    Are they good enough?
    No just dont waste your time or money with them. Get a better host and you will be happier in the long run
    track3r.net My Personal Blog | Twitter
    TheModShop Tech Blog
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is really strange!

Their sites looks like they host lots of sites, and have won awards!

Weird, but thanks, I know to watch out!

- Rock N Rabbit Staff
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by lynxnet
    I've been making the web hosting review rounds to let the public know that Hostdepartment.com is a pack of thieves. I have bought a Reseller hosting plan with them in November and I never received the necessary information to put up my site, slow server, poor performance. All attempts to contact them via email failed. live chat is totally fake, I even tried opening a support ticket only discover that their support application was failing. I was never able to open a ticket.
    From the first day I have got many problems, they offer live chat software they offer no limit disk space but actually all offers are fake.
    These guys are really REALLY bad and they don’t want to refund my funds approx $549.45 even I lost my very valuable clients.

I also register my complaint BBB.org and Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s). Two requests for basic information have been sent to this company but to date the Bureau has received no reply.

Complaints against this business concern Advertising Issues, Billing or Collection Issues, Product Issues, Refund or Exchange Issues and Service Issues.

Stay away from Hostdepartment.com! I was attracted by the low prices and this was indeed a big mistake.

Thanks
    Lynx
    Hostdepartment's Existing Customer

P.S. I recommend to check out Wht Forum or search on google keywords (Experience with hostdepartment.com or forum hostdepartment etc)
    its a nice and solid testimonial from u.
    lucky i not choose them. guess they are overselling
  15. No Profile Picture

Not My Experience At All

Hmm.. Very interesting review. I have used Host Department as a reseller now for 8 months. While no hosting service is perfect, the issues have been few and far between and ALWAYS solved within minutes of using the live chat feature. I challenge anyone to go to hostdepartment.com and log onto a live chat session with a sales rep and you will see how quick they respond. They are the same way with the tech support. Try that trick with ipowerweb (better pack a lunch!) I am a small business web designer with clients that do everything from breed dogs to sell high tech industrial equipment. I also host large non-profit organizational sites. The flexibility of Host Department's reseller package lets me accomplish anything my customers can think up - using my own brand name. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with them Lynx, but this has definately not been my experience with this company. I recommend them.
  17. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

BBB page for Host Department, LLC (www.hostdepartment.com; 501 Silverside Rd Ste 105; Wilmington, DE 19809)

Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory rating with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s). Two requests for basic information have been sent to this company but to date the BBB has received no reply.
    I guess OP is one of two.

Draw your own conclusions.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  19. No Profile Picture

Exclamation Stay FAR AWAY from Hostdepartment.com!

They are just awful - I've stuck with them for awhile because they kept promising turnarounds, but they've just never improved. I have no idea if it's the owners of the company trying to maximize profits by hiring a minimum of, or technically unskilled, techs or if it's just a general atmosphere of apathy. My company used to host websites in-house until we had a structural change, so I'm not new to hosting and it's pitfalls.

Just one horror story: I had a customer going on ESPN to promote their website, so we expected a lot of hits. I did hostdepartment the favor of letting them know about this over a week in advance - the next day the database for the site was down. After at least 5 chat sessions with extremely rude technicians (overworked?) I decided to try a phone call. Well, their tech support phone was a VoIP line that sounded like it was run over a modem. They, again as in chat sessions, placated me with "our tech is working on it". This went on for another two days without any change. Finally, I called back and the guy on the other end of the phone tells me "OK, we're all done, we've deleted that database for you". I lost my second largest customer.

The current issue is that I've had 3 websites down for more than 5 days, and so far it's a complete repeat of the story above. In all fairness I'll post what happens next.

I've had good luck with vip-hosting.com - they also use the hspehere control panel, but their tech support is attentive, friendly and skilled. The few issues I've had there are normally resolved in a matter of minutes.
  21. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Can someone close this thread.

Originally Posted by jajanes
    I've had good luck with xxxxxxx.com - they also use the hspehere control panel, but their tech support is attentive, friendly and skilled. The few issues I've had there are normally resolved in a matter of minutes.
    I believe perhaps you've not had bad experience with the original being-drug-through-mud host so much as you are really promoting xxxxxxxx.com.

Without any credibility behind these claims it's all a bunch of slander. Stop.
    Last edited by medialint; January 7th, 2008 at 11:38 AM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  23. Contributing User

Sorry to read about that but how long have you been with them?
  25. No Profile Picture

Hostdepartment.com follow up.

Originally Posted by medialint
    Can someone close this thread.

I believe perhaps you've not had bad experience with the original being-drug-through-mud host so much as you are really promoting xxxxxxxx.com.

Without any credibility behind these claims it's all a bunch of slander. Stop.
    What credibility are you looking for? Whatever I can provide, I will. I don't have any business interest in the other host. I mentioned it because I had a good experience with them.

Your accusation that I'm "promoting" someone while asking to have this thread closed is even more suspicious. I'm only relaying my experience with them.

I also mentioned that I'd follow up on Hostdepartment.com - they finally fixed the issue, although it took them 5 days to do so. They've also finally upgraded their control panel servers, so they're a little faster.
  27. No Profile Picture

It is certainly possible to see how one could view this thread as slander. You have you understand you are still a brand new member to this community and as such have very little credibility. The whole purpose of you joining here was to speak out towards the host mentioned in your original post.

I'm sorry you have gone through the problems you have, and wish you the best in recovering your funds. Might want to try month to month service over prepaying for long periods of time, until you get to know the host and service.
  29. No Profile Picture

Angry Hostdeparte IS Theives

I just want to support anyone that has anything bad to say against hostdepartment and I speak from experience.
    I have had several sites with them for three years and it has been the most horrible nightmare that anyone can possibly imagine. I won't go into the details because it is just the same thing over and over again but I started with 11 web sites and now down to three. They have cost me my business, money, hurt my health and even my reputation with my clients. I have passed on hostdepartments excuses to my clients so many times that they think I am just lieing to them now and nothing is being done. I truely don't blame them for not believing me anymore. Just a tiny sample of all the lies and horrible service and email and live chat: for the past four days my sites have been down, three hours on live chat day-before yesterday with no results, four hours on live chat yesterday with no results and two hours on live chat just today with no results and my sites are still not back up and all I get is ticket numbers that are never replied to and excuses as to what's wrong now. They have used every excuse in the book and then to top it off they insult me by offering me 3.50 credit for three years of my suffering. I am showing my stupidity to all who ready this because I stayed with them but they kept begging, stay with us we are working on it, it will get better. I support anyone who complains about their service. I have kept a track record of down time and have had up to 30 hours in just one week alone. Of course they are always sooo sorry...yeah they are sorry alright, they are sorry and I am stupid for letting it go this far. I'm looking for another server now for what little business is left to save. If you value your business, your good name or even your health and peace of mind STAY AWAY FROM HOSTDEPARTMENT!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo